Medallion sent to our house

We are about 63 days our from our cruise and trying to get our medallion sent to our house but it keeps erroring out on the app.  Are we too close to the sail date to have it sent or are we doing something wrong?  Maybe we have to complete the check in first?

Thanks

Try completing your check in process. Once you are in the green lane it should provide you the option to have your medallion shipped. The app can be a little tricky to navigate - we ended up just picking our medallion up at port for our New Year’s cruise as it was just not wanting to give us the option to ship. However, for our cruise this summer we have already completed check in, are in the green lane and have the medallions ordered with shipping paid. Hopefully it will work for you once you are fully checked in. 

4 hours ago, 20165 said:

We are about 63 days our from our cruise and trying to get our medallion sent to our house but it keeps erroring out on the app.  Are we too close to the sail date to have it sent or are we doing something wrong?  Maybe we have to complete the check in first?

Thanks

When you say "erroring out"...what exactly do you mean?  Are you actually given some type of message?

Others have posted that if *everything* is not filled out in other sections of the app that it will not allow medallion orders.

You may have better luck using the "web version" in your cruise personalizer.  Log in, access cruise personalizer and on the VERY FIRST TAB (Summary, I think) scroll down just a bit until you see:

web version.jpg

9 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

When you say "erroring out"...what exactly do you mean?  Are you actually given some type of message?

Others have posted that if *everything* is not filled out in other sections of the app that it will not allow medallion orders.

You may have better luck using the "web version" in your cruise personalizer.  Log in, access cruise personalizer and on the VERY FIRST TAB (Summary, I think) scroll down just a bit until you see:

web version.jpg

When i choose the shipping option, the it just spins, then takes me back the main screen but doesnt have what i selected and still says required. no errors but it wont let me proceed.  I know that sounds weird, but to your point, i need probably complete the check in process and try again.  
Thanks

Edited by 20165

Just so you know, if they are shipped, they aren't delivered until about 10-14 days before your cruise.  There are other threads discussing delivery time.

Edited by Bru92

It may not apply in your case, but a couple of months ago, when setting up an address for my medallion to ship to my sister-in-law, (which I had done once before) I said somthing like Davis c/o Smith -- 

The entry failed, but did not say it was becasue of an illegal character "/" it just booted me out of the entry. You might want to be sure that there is nothing "exotic" in your ship-to info.

5 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Try completing your check in process. Once you are in the green lane it should provide you the option to have your medallion shipped. The app can be a little tricky to navigate - we ended up just picking our medallion up at port for our New Year’s cruise as it was just not wanting to give us the option to ship. However, for our cruise this summer we have already completed check in, are in the green lane and have the medallions ordered with shipping paid. Hopefully it will work for you once you are fully checked in. 

You need to check in first.

That said, why bother?  Always prefer not to worry about our medallion arriving in time so simply pick it it at the pier.  Added about 30 seconds each time and no stress.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You need to check in first.

That said, why bother?  Always prefer not to worry about our medallion arriving in time so simply pick it it at the pier.  Added about 30 seconds each time and no stress.

That may be the case on some departures but definitely not all. We waited over an hour in a hot, crowded and cranky line to pick ours up at the port in San Pedro for our recent cruise. It was not a fun way to start a relaxing vacation. My daughter and her husband had their medallions and basically walked right on the ship. They were already well into a relaxing lunch in the MDR by the time we managed to board. So no, it wasn’t 30 seconds, it was stressful and we missed our traditional MDR lunch on boarding which is how we love to start our cruise. I will always try to get it shipped in advance from now on. 

Edited by karatemom2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bru92 said:

Just so you know, if they are shipped, they aren't delivered until about 10-14 days before your cruise.  There are other threads discussing delivery time.

Not necessarily. We're 47 days out and just received a shipping notification. It should be here on Tuesday since there's no mail delivery this coming Monday (President's Day).

Using the web version, I was able to enter my address and it would save it but it kept saying address not found or something like that when I tried to continue. Figured it was the address verification program that they use so tried Crt vs Court and a few other variations.  Got out and went back in - looked at the order and my address was there, hit the place my order and received my confirmation.  Another wonder of Princess IT programming.  I have stayed away from the app after it screwed up my dining reservations and now only use the web version till I get on the ship.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Eno said:

Using the web version, I was able to enter my address and it would save it but it kept saying address not found or something like that when I tried to continue. Figured it was the address verification program that they use so tried Crt vs Court and a few other variations.  Got out and went back in - looked at the order and my address was there, hit the place my order and received my confirmation.  Another wonder of Princess IT programming.  I have stayed away from the app after it screwed up my dining reservations and now only use the web version till I get on the ship.

Yep, that was it.  Thank you.  We live on Summersweet Court so i tied Summersweet Ct and it took it.

Thanks again, i greatly appreciate it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

That may be the case on some departures but definitely not all. We waited over an hour in a hot, crowded and cranky line to pick ours up at the port in San Pedro for our recent cruise. It was not a fun way to start a relaxing vacation. My daughter and her husband had their medallions and basically walked right on the ship. They were already well into a relaxing lunch in the MDR by the time we managed to board. So no, it wasn’t 30 seconds, it was stressful and we missed our traditional MDR lunch on boarding which is how we love to start our cruise. I will always try to get it shipped in advance from now on. 

Thats exactly our concern as well.  Anything we can do to ease the boarding process we are all for. 

Thanks

• Like 1

You probably already have your answer. We will be cruising a week from today. My son who lives about 30 minutes from us got their medallions about 4 or 5 days ago. We have 3 houses all next to each other. My son got his medallion on Friday, I got mine on Saturday, and my other son is STILL waiting to get theirs, and we ALL live next door to each other. Their medallion system is BAD when sending them out.