Disembark time after night in port

erikjoha

On our cruise in March, we are staying the night in Bergen as the last two days of the cruise. Does anyone know how soon we can get off the ship given its already in port? We booked a 10am flight,. Given the airport is just 20 minutes away, I am hoping getting off by ~7:30-8am won't be a problem? Anyone got experience with this? (We did not book Viking Air)

Any time really. In general, everyone must be out of their cabins by 8:00 a.m. People using Viking Air are grouped by departure time, Viking will get them to the airport with plenty of time, everyone off the ship by 9:30ish so they can turn the ship over for the next cruise. Some  early departures may be off the ship by 2:30. 
You will get color coded luggage tags. Option to put your suitcase out the night before or carry them off yourself. The day we disembarked, the Bergen marathon was being run causing some traffic delays. The check in process at the airport was having system issues and the line to check in was crazy long. 

It shouldn’t be a problem at all . I’ve seen passengers getting off the ship shortly after midnight to catch an early flight. Maybe you can order room service to have a meal before you leave the ship if the cafes are not yet open ? But they may be because everyone needs to eat early that day. Room Service is free and 24/7. 

Edited by 2ndcruise53

Just ensure that you log with Guest Services when you want to disembark and that you are taking your own bags off. 

Since you are not using Viking Air, and you are arranging your own transportation to the airport, I would suggest that you manage your own bags or you may not find your bags shoreside when you want/need them.

If you are in port overnight, you can disembark anytime you want.

A few days before Bergen port they will send around survey for your  desired time.   People got off as early as 230 am for those wee hour departures.  There was food service in WC.

They will color tag your bags by time group to pick up before passport check.  I self disembarked at 9 am and moseyed to the airport via the excellent Tram line

• Like 1