Recommend a power adapter for Europe?

Lalof

We are 5 short months away from our trip to Rome and then on to our cruise on the Ascent.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a power adapter we can use in Rome and then at the end of our cruise in Athens?

Do you mean a plug adaptor or a power converter?

The former only allows you to use the European-style plugs but does not change the power settings for US (e.g., 110-120 voltage) appliances.

The latter convert the voltage from the US standard to the EU standard).

Most appliances sold in the US in the last decade are dual voltage, including chargers for most phones, computers, etc. Meaning you don't need a converter, only an adaptor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Do you mean a plug adaptor or a power converter?

The former only allows you to use the European-style plugs but does not change the power settings for US (e.g., 110-120 voltage) appliances.

The latter convert the voltage from the US standard to the EU standard).

Most appliances sold in the US in the last decade are dual voltage, including chargers for most phones, computers, etc. Meaning you don't need a converter, only an adaptor.

Thank you!  I guess I don't even know what I mean.  Maybe I mean an adaptor that we can plug our phones/ipads in to charge?

10 minutes ago, Lalof said:

Thank you!  I guess I don't even know what I mean.  Maybe I mean an adaptor that we can plug our phones/ipads in to charge?

https://www.goaheadtours.com/travel-blog/articles/guide-to-power-adapters-and-converters

If your appliance or device is dual voltage and you'll be in Italy, you will need the "C" type adaptor shown in the link above. You can easily buy them on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Kioosdinfely-European-Adapter-Type-International-Universal/dp/B0CKR4HVXV/ref=sr_1_19?crid=OQ837KE6T6DY&keywords=European%2Badaptor%2Bplug%2Bc&qid=1708282382&sprefix=european%2Badaptor%2Bplug%2Bc%2Caps%2C116&sr=8-19&th=1

• Thanks 1

We have a small adapter for dual voltage and USB chargers that will pretty much plug anything into anything else. It has worked everywhere except South Africa for us. It has two USB-A ports and three USB-C ports as well as a socket that will accept US, UK and EU plugs. I’m sure there is an equivalent on Amazon US.

IMG_3809.jpeg

19 hours ago, Lalof said:

We are 5 short months away from our trip to Rome and then on to our cruise on the Ascent.  Does anyone have a recommendation for a power adapter we can use in Rome and then at the end of our cruise in Athens?

Hello:

Look at the labels on your appliances.

It will indicate the admitted voltage AND also (very important) the frequency of electricity.

The rule is simple:
European countries, African countries, 50% Asian countries and some American countries: 220V and 50Hz

Almost all American countries, 50% Asian countries and Oceania: 110V and 60Hz.

If the appliance says
100-240V and 50-60Hz, it doesn't matter where you connect it. In this case you only need a plug adapter for hotels (it will not be necessary on the boat)

If the appliance says
110V and 60Hz, you will need an additional current transformer.

ALL chargers (phone, laptop and small appliance) will support any voltage and frequency.
Check the rest