Juneau Whale Watching and Mendenhall Glacier(Via Taxi)

Jerold

Looking at doing a Whale Watching Tour in the morning and then taking a Taxi to Mendenhall Glacier to spend the rest of the day.

Is this doable?

Any recommendation for the Whale Watching Tour?

Thanks,

Jerold

I just booked a whale watching tour with Harv and Marvs Whale Watching. I did this same tour a few years ago and it was amazing. Stopped at Mendenhall on the way back and taxied back to Juneau. They pick you up at the pier and return you; they recommended doing the morning tour (4 hours), lunch in Juneau then taking the shuttle to the glacier and Nugget Falls.

Vendors can no longer drop people off at Mendenhall.  They may be able to drop you off close and you could walk from there, or they could drop you off at a nearby mall and you could get a taxi.  I would call them and ask.

Edited by wolfie11

You might consider Juneau Tours & Whale Watch. You get 2.5 hours on the water looking for whales and then they take you to the glacier for 1.5 hours and back to the ship/tram area. This gives you time for a walk to Nugget Falls and a quick look at the Visitor Center. The alternative is a bit inconvenient and more expensive although you could spend more time at the glacier.

@Kkoufos  https://www.harvandmarvs-juneau-whale-watching.com/