Vibe Beach Club

On 2/21/2024 at 12:28 PM, MR_BUTCHIE said:

Is the Vibe beach club worth the price. We will be on a 7 day cruise with 4 stops so only 2 at sea days. I'm wondering how much time I would really get to use it.

With two sea days it might be worth it if you enjoy a little more privacy. Pool area fills up fast, especially if you are sailing on Viva. My only pet-peeve about VBC is the lack of a pool. And it's gotten pricey.

13 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

There is no Vibe menu and the fruit is brought out at the timing and discretion of the bartenders and brought around to each individual. They aren't sitting out or anything. I have not had cookies served in Vibe but I haven't sailed on a ship with Vibe since 2022. 

I believe there is a Vibe snack menu. 

I've seen it posted on the professor cruise website. 

• Like 1

Now for my input.. I didnt see where your cruise was.. I'll assume warm weather.. If not warm weather, no IMO it's not worth it.. 

On our 7 day cruise I cannot remember if 1 or 2 days it was not open due to high winds.. Of course that was a sea day.. Cruising plus headwind = no vibe for the day (actually no top 2 decks, both closed)

I did hang out around the bar / smoking area on deck 16 *escape* and while I didnt hate it, for sure way more crowded and lots longer to get a drink than the vibe.. I tried spice h2o and really didnt like it.   So for us, yes, it's worth it.. It's pricy, but dang it's nice having nice cold water brought around, drinks getting replenished without having to get up, no crowd, nice and quiet, get to know the people there.. Just really like it.. But you do have to know going in that if the weather sucks, well, it sucks to be you as you wont get use out of it.... 

4 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I saw an old one posted. I do believe there used to be a snack menu. There was no snack menu on any of my cruises with a Vibe since I started sailing NCL after the start-up. Getaway, Breakaway, and Prima

6 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

And therein lies my confusion! Haha...but based on what @reeinaz and @vacation44 said, they haven't seen it. 

I'm happy to hear the fruit is free. That's actually what I would look forward to most if I ever get Vibe. It's the small things, right? 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

And therein lies my confusion! Haha...but based on what @reeinaz and @vacation44 said, they haven't seen it. 

I'm happy to hear the fruit is free. That's actually what I would look forward to most if I ever get Vibe. It's the small things, right? 🙂

Maybe it's new for 2024? I don't even recall anyone mentioning it in recent (post COVID) discussions.

6 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in the snack menu but I'll look for it when I sail. 

And my wife and daughter will love the fruit. 

• Thanks 1

They had the bar mix, and I cannot remember if we had fruit anytime or not.. I just know the water pitchers, bar snack mix (but think you can get it at any bar if you ask)  They brought towels around to you, and think one really warm day they maybe brought cold towels?   And of course shot o'clock :D.. 

12 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

Personally, I wouldn't be interested in the snack menu but I'll look for it when I sail. 

And my wife and daughter will love the fruit. 

The snack menu was sandwiches, burgers and salads.   We definitely would of ordered lunch from it if it was still an option.

32 minutes ago, bkrickles1 said:

I am fully confident that only Haven guests can order food from the Haven  snack menu and have it delivered by their butler.     As I said above, we encountered it once in 2019 and never since.    How old is the professor cruise entry?

14 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

The snack menu was sandwiches, burgers and salads.   We definitely would of ordered lunch from it if it was still an option.

I am fully confident that only Haven guests can order food from the Haven  snack menu and have it delivered by their butler.     As I said above, we encountered it once in 2019 and never since.    How old is the professor cruise entry?

https://profcruise.com/ncl-menus-2024/

At the bottom you'll see the vibe snack menu. It may be obsolete but the page was updated just a couple of weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

At the bottom you'll see the vibe snack menu. It may be obsolete but the page was updated just a couple of weeks ago. 

Thank you for posting this. This must be new they did not have it last year in the Vibe. I will check in a few weeks on the Joy counting the days down.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

There was a snack menu a few years ago, but I don’t recall seeing it on my past  cruises.  The fruit skewers are not a myth, never been in Vibe without seeing them. I’ve had finger sandwiches, chowder, cookies etc passed around on various cruises. It seems to vary…..the buffet is always an option and often only a deck or two below you. I’m sailing in 4 days. If I see a snack menu I will post updates. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

None of what toy get for you money is worth the price it costs.

Yet you refuse to state why you feel this way. Please be more specific.

Have you been in the Vibe? If so, why wasn't it worth the price?

If you haven't been in the Vibe, then why should we give a rat's arse what you think?

Edited by CptJLMcCrea
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Interesting.   I do not think this was available last week on the Encore, but we would not have ordered anything from that menu.   

The one time we were allowed to order food in the Vibe, it was free and it was differently the Haven snack menu.   I definitely can understand why NCL did not move forward with this option as NCL moved to make all of the Vibes bigger which means more orders.    Now that I am thinking about it further, I believe when we were on the Escape last, it was right after the price increase to $199.  Maybe they threw in the option of the Haven snack menu to make the increased price more appealing.

Whatever the case, still a huge Vibe fan with or without the snack menu!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PartyPlannerLady said:

I have no motive yet I agree with those tow.  Not worth the price at all.

On which ship 🛳 did you have Vibe passes and why did you find it not worth the price at all? 

• Like 1

My two cents of information:

I was in the Vibe on the Joy in September 2023 and the Escape in November 2023.  On both ships, fruit or cookies were brought out for general taking, but not on a timer, sort of at the discretion of staff.

If there was a Vibe menu, I didn't see one nor was a menu actively pushed on us or even mentioned.

Most people went to the buffet and brought back their plates of food....but remember: no eating on or by the hot tubs!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JGmf said:

My two cents of information:

I was in the Vibe on the Joy in September 2023 and the Escape in November 2023.  On both ships, fruit or cookies were brought out for general taking, but not on a timer, sort of at the discretion of staff.

If there was a Vibe menu, I didn't see one nor was a menu actively pushed on us or even mentioned.

Most people went to the buffet and brought back their plates of food....but remember: no eating on or by the hot tubs!

ohh i did forget there were cookies a couple times I was up there!   

On 2/22/2024 at 1:46 PM, vacation44 said:

No, there is not a charge for the fruit and cookies.   

When we were in the Escape Vibe back in May 2019, we were allowed to order free of charge off of the Haven snack menu.   This was the only time I have experienced this so I am not sure if they were testing it out.   The next time were we in the Vibe, I inquired about it and was told no and that it was not a thing.    All I know is that it was a thing on that May 2019 cruise because we had lunch off the Haven snack menu twice in the Vibe.  

When we were on the Escape back in February 2020 we were able to order snacks from the Haven pool menu. 

When we purchased the Vibe pass it was $79 each.  You could not book the Vibe until you boarded.  We had to run down to get our passes. It was a crazy mad rush.  The Vibe was still “new” then.

We had an aft cabin. (This was back when the aft cabins were not priced higher than a regular balcony.)    You could not get any farther away from the Vibe if we tried.  It was a loooooong walk.  We didn’t end up using it as much as I thought we would.  It was nice and the bar service/snacks were great.  

The pricing is too high for me to justify since we didn’t use it that much.  

Edited by cincicruisers

My wife and I have the Vibe booked for our March 9 cruise on the Joy.  We cannot wait to give it a try and to see the new refurbishments.

This may be a silly question, but is there anything we need to do once we board?  Can we go to the Vibe with our sea pass and just walk in or do we need to check in first somewhere else?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, KyleDefends said:

My wife and I have the Vibe booked for our March 9 cruise on the Joy.  We cannot wait to give it a try and to see the new refurbishments.

This may be a silly question, but is there anything we need to do once we board?  Can we go to the Vibe with our sea pass and just walk in or do we need to check in first somewhere else?

Thanks

You will be given wristbands at checkin and your card will be set to allow access to the vibe.  You are supposed to wear the wrist bands but after a day or two the bartenders will probably recognize you and of course your card will show you have access

11 minutes ago, KyleDefends said:

Thanks

Also if you like to try new things, if they do it, partake in “shot clock” they just make shots and hand them out.  They are good lol