Vibe Beach Club

24 minutes ago, MR_BUTCHIE said:

Is the Vibe beach club worth the price. We will be on a 7 day cruise with 4 stops so only 2 at sea days. I'm wondering how much time I would really get to use it.

Some feel the vibe is not worth the cost under any circumstance.

The vast majority of those that have actually stayed in Vibe, believe it's an essential part of any sailing.

Provide a little info about your itinerary and you'll get some better answers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's worth every penny.  Maybe you should do a poll.  Preface it to say "must have purchased and used the vibe before".  There are many detractors of the vibe that routinely trash the vibe that have never used it and a few that are upset that the price has gone up.

I think you will find that the vast majority that have purchased the vibe are glad they did.  That is why the demand is high and the price continues to go up.

• Like 5

Couple of questions to help you determine:

1) Do you like a party vibe with the loud music or more of a chill vibe? Vibe offers a quieter place to enjoy the sun.

2) Are you someone who loves the hot tubs? Vibe offers a way less crowded experience to enjoy the hot tubs.

3) Are you someone who loves lounging in the sun all day or does that not matter to you? If that's not a huge part of what you enjoy, I wouldn't advise it.

We have the Joy booked for Bermuda and after our experience last year in the Vibe, we wouldn't book a NCL trip without it. Having a quiet place outside on the ship that we didn't have to stress over finding a (cushioned) lounger and umbrella made the week for us. We don't gamble, shop or do any of the other "for pay" things on the ship so that's what's worth it to us. 

If you're even debating it, I would grab it in your reservations. Vibe almost consistently sells out, and if you miss it, there's a VERY limited amount available day 1, but that sells out before most people board. 

Edited by psuboater
  • Like 2

I am one who finds value in the vibe when I’m not sailing in the Haven.

I like to spend time in a quieter environment and usually spend my days reading books and staring at the ocean. Having a good comfortable lounger always available and bartenders keeping us hydrated is worth it to me.

pluses are less crowded hot tubs and bathrooms.

When are Vibe passes being sold now? As soon as a cruise is open for bookings?

A few years ago it was a free for all to be able to get onboard and buy passes first.

my last few cruises we booked after final payment date and the passes were all sold out.

Now we are booked for an October 20 cruise and the app says not for sale till June 22. 🤷🏼‍♀️

This is a cruise that was just added as the Getaway has been repositioned to New Orleans.

The one negative about the Vibe is the chances of not getting your monies worth  due to weather related closures .

For us, it is definitely worth it and we will not cruise without it.   We just got off the Encore this past Sunday and used it every day accept one day because we got back to the ship too late.    Now, I will say that of all the Vibes we used, the Encore was my least favorite.   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

For us, it is definitely worth it and we will not cruise without it.   We just got off the Encore this past Sunday and used it every day accept one day because we got back to the ship too late.    Now, I will say that of all the Vibes we used, the Encore was my least favorite.   

Now that you put it out there......Lol!

Give us your list of favorite to least favorite Vibes.

1 minute ago, bkrickles1 said:

Now that you put it out there......Lol!

Give us your list of favorite to least favorite Vibes.

In order........Escape, Getaway (when it was starboard side only), Joy and then Encore.   

We prefer the smaller Vibes than the new expanded ones.   And the lounge chairs in the Encore Vibe were not the usual padded ones in all of the other Vibes we have been in.    However, a non-padded lounge chair in the Vibe is better than no access to the Vibe!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Now, I will say that of all the Vibes we used, the Encore was my least favorite.   

Interesting.  It's one the biggest in the fleet, spanning both sides of the ship.  I liked it because of the size and easier to find shade when we wanted it.  I liked that it had the water feature upstairs.  What didn't you like about it?

@MR_BUTCHIE Assuming a warm weather itinerary, we believe it's worth every cent and won't sail NCL if we can't get it.

• We like that we are guaranteed a lounger any time of day, no need to get up early.  
  • We like the lack of crowds, lack of kids, lack of noise.
  • We like that the bartenders and servers get to know you and what you like and they provide some of the best service on the ship.
  • We like the atmosphere and sense of community that develops, especially around the bar (can you say "it's shot-o-clock time!")

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PATRLR said:

Interesting.  It's one the biggest in the fleet, spanning both sides of the ship.  I liked it because of the size and easier to find shade when we wanted it.  I liked that it had the water feature upstairs.  What didn't you like about it?

The lounge chairs mostly.   I found them difficult to use and the arm rests were always in my way.    It also seemed more crowded to us and while service was still very good, it was not as outstanding as we have previously experienced.   They could have used another person working in the Vibe.   

I definitely do agree that with both sides, it was very easy to find shade when we wanted so that was a plus.    We did not go to the top deck.    

We do have Vibe passes on the Encore for next year so as I said before, even though it is our least favorite, it will definitely not stop us from partaking in the future!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PATRLR said:
  • We like that the bartenders and servers get to know you and what you like and they provide some of the best service on the ship.
  •  

Funny story about your above comment.........I never met the bartender the first few days of the cruise as I had no need to go to the bar.     When I was leaving the Vibe one late afternoon during the mid way point of our cruise, I stopped by the bar for a refresher.    I put my pink Yeti down on the bar and the bartender sees my cup and comes right over and said "Gloria, rum and coke with a lime and where is Joe's black cup for his double Bacardi 8 on the rocks".     

• Like 7

I'm in the "yes the Vibe is worth it" club.  So are my friends. Won't sail without it.

I have a couple who just inquired about joining us six other of us on the Joy on June 2.  They won't book the cruise if they can't get the Vibe and join us.

As I understand it, you only know if it's open for getting Vibe passes if you book the cruise and then find out....which is kind of backwards and unfortunate. 

I guess you and ask others on the Roll Call board to check for you (which I did), but that's about it.

• Like 2

We booked our upcoming Dec cruise on Escape in first part of January.  Was told by CAS that vibe would not be available to book until some time end of Summer.  Next day while viewing our reservation on NCL website I noticed vibe passes were already for sale.  

Not wanting to take a chance I took care of booking the vibe then and there.  Moral of the story is if you want to get vibe passes make sure you book as far ahead as possible.  It was the same way when we booked our vibe passes on Prima last year.  

5 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

We booked our upcoming Dec cruise on Escape in first part of January.  Was told by CAS that vibe would not be available to book until some time end of Summer.  Next day while viewing our reservation on NCL website I noticed vibe passes were already for sale.  

Not wanting to take a chance I took care of booking the vibe then and there.  Moral of the story is if you want to get vibe passes make sure you book as far ahead as possible.  It was the same way when we booked our vibe passes on Prima last year.  

We're on the Escape in December (12/20-27) as well and did the same...booked Vibe and Spa about a month ago to ensure we had our passes.  Escape is the smallest Vibe (only Starboard side) so you definitely want to snag that pass as soon as you can if you want it.

As far as ranking Vibes:

1. Joy, since it has both port and starboard AND hot tubs on both sides. 

2. Escape, although it only is one side, the smaller crowd makes it even more of a "special club" feel.

3. Getaway, while it only has the hot tubs (2) on the Starboard side, they have a canopy cover over them which is great for those of us that burn in too much sun

4. Encore, like @vacation44 said, they don't have cushioned loungers but rather loungers with strapped on head pillows which are not as comfortable.  It is huge though with the full upper deck (which does have daybeds) but no shade.  And, even though its our least favorite, its better than no vibe in our opinion.

We will be on the Prima in 2025 and the passes are already available for purchase.   We haven't pulled the trigger yet since its an Iceland/Norway cruise, but we're pretty sure we will buy since it is also such a great place for views and the Prima Vibe looks great from all the photos and videos we've seen

• Like 3

Ok. I like the Vibe and will purchase it on any ship I’m on that has it. But, there is no pool, no music. It’s not a party space. It’s not open at night. I find the Spice H2O to be much livelier.
I can say that as a solo cruiser, I have never had an issue finding a lounger by the pool. But that is a perk of Vibe, never having to fight over a lounger. But again, no pool or pool deck parties/shenanigans.

I also feel bad when I make acquaintance with people who don’t have a Vibe pass. Sometimes a hard choice has to be made. Lol. But I like the camaraderie that I make with the Vibe guests. I think being an introvert, it’s easier for me to be more outgoing with people I see frequently. But I also have a similar experience when I frequent the bars on the ship (Maltings!!). 

Here’s a thought. Maybe you won’t like any of the people who hang out in Vibe. Would it be worth the money just to have a lounger and bar access?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reeinaz said:

Here’s a thought. Maybe you won’t like any of the people who hang out in Vibe. Would it be worth the money just to have a lounger and bar access?

Yes, for my family it definitely would be worth it.

7 hours ago, MR_BUTCHIE said:

Is the Vibe beach club worth the price. We will be on a 7 day cruise with 4 stops so only 2 at sea days. I'm wondering how much time I would really get to use it.

It wasn't worth the old price let alone the new WAAAAAY too much price. It would be close to worth the price if you hate kids.

Edited by MoCruiseFan

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

It wasn't worth the old price let alone the new WAAAAAY too much price. It would be close to worth the price if you hate kids.

Perhaps you can be more specific as to why you don't think it's worth it?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Funny story about your above comment.........I never met the bartender the first few days of the cruise as I had no need to go to the bar.     When I was leaving the Vibe one late afternoon during the mid way point of our cruise, I stopped by the bar for a refresher.    I put my pink Yeti down on the bar and the bartender sees my cup and comes right over and said "Gloria, rum and coke with a lime and where is Joe's black cup for his double Bacardi 8 on the rocks".     

Great story and it succinctly explains one of the benefits I enjoy most about Vibe!  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Personal thing....I have "bought" VIBE passes twice.  Once on the Breakaway and once on the Escape.  I think the most I paid was $150 0r $160.  I thought that was expensive but was willing  to pay as I was staying in an inside room on both.  

Then, it started to skyrocket.  I found I'd rather take that money and book a nicer cabin. Last I checked, the cost was $230PP on a 7 nite cruise.  

That seems a bit much for a lounger and hot tub for a week.  

I can always get a drink in the wealth of bars on board.

• Haha 1

I have always heard that Vive Beach Passes are only sold first come first served after boarding but many of you are saying you purchased prior to boarding. We are booked on the Aqua next year, any advice for pre purchasing these would be greatly appreciated!