Cape Town - early disembarkation

iana1212

We are on the S Africa cruise next year and looking at flights. The best timing for us is a 00.35 departure. As we dock in Cape Town overnight it would be best for us to leave the ship in the evening of the last night rather than filling in a day (we have a few days in Cape Town before the cruise so don’t think we will need the extra time there.. Has anyone done this before? I know this could be an issue with immigration on some itineraries but as all the ports are in S. Africa I am hoping there won’t be an issue.

16 hours ago, Werangels said:

People did this on our South Africa cruise this year.  

I thought that would be the case. I have also reached out to Azamara to try and get official confirmation before I book flights (still too early to book them).

4 hours ago, iana1212 said:

I thought that would be the case. I have also reached out to Azamara to try and get official confirmation before I book flights (still too early to book them).

I don’t think they will commit.  We asked a similar question about leaving early and they said you need to ask on board as they cannot say what the port authorities will allow.