Celebrity Apex changes ports - May 17

Celebrity announced today they are skipping Nordfjordeid on May 17 (Constitution Day) and instead will stop at Brugges instead.  The itinerary was Southampton, Sea Day, Nordfjordeid.  Now it's S-hampton, Bruges, Sea Day.  

Not real happy about it.  It happens (I know) but they waited till a couple of days after final payment to jerk one of Norway's ports out from under us.  GRRRR

Following along since I'm sailing May 2025... Seems this year is getting shifted so I only expect next year to be worse. I have a 7 night that already ports in Bruges, curious if Nordfjordeid is removed what would they replace it with? Time will tell... 

Patty 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Was told that it was Norwegian law that caused it ... anybody got any news/info?

There is an article posted in this thread. Post #19

Edited by cw2go
  • Like 1

I found that article too, and here it is for those who don't want to have hunt it up:

https://www.cruisehive.com/celebrity-cruises-changing-multiple-itineraries-for-one-ship/124295

Interestingly I can't find anything that says Norway passed/ratified/changed a law in the past week or so that affects cruise ship speeds, AND Celebrity has modified ports in the Caribbean that the Apex will visit. Hmmm.... why does a change in Norwegian law mean the Apex has to make changes in the Caribbean too?  Hmm....

Edited by BuckeyeMark
  • Like 1

As I posted in the other thread, I just sailed Apex. It was swaying a lot! I've sailed enough to know that something was off and my hubby is retired Navy, he's spent many days on the water, he noticed the speed changes and hard vibrations. I don't believe it has anything to do with Norway. 

Celebrity isn't forthcoming so all we have at this time is a bunch of speculations,

Patty 

• Like 1