Towel Creations Book

Just wondering if anyone that has seen this book, thinks it has good instructions and enough variety? I have never run across it while aboard the ship, but see that it is available for pre-purchase. I'm thinking of it as a gift for a young niece who enjoys crafts.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Just wondering if anyone that has seen this book, thinks it has good instructions and enough variety? I have never run across it while aboard the ship, but see that it is available for pre-purchase. I'm thinking of it as a gift for a young niece who enjoys crafts.

After I purchased one in the Explorations Cafe, I received another one as a gift. I have two copies.  The towel folding instructions are very detailed and would be an interesting skill to show off at a party.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, QuattroRomeo said:

Thank you, that's a good idea! Now maybe I have to get more than one..!

You would still need to purchase some button eyes to get the full effect of the towel animals.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Crew News said:

You would still need to purchase some button eyes to get the full effect of the towel animals.

I have one of those books, part of the swag bag at the end of a behind-the-scenes-tour. I had good intentions of trying some of the animals but still haven't got around to it.

For a long time, the stewards had paper "eyes" that they put on the animals. Now that HAL is minimizing excess paper to save the environment (yes, yes, I know about the spa and jewelry promo fliers), they don't give the animals eyes any more. 

One time when I got the puppy, I moved it to the coffee table and put my sunglasses on it. The next morning, when I came back from breakfast, my room was made up, but the drapes were closed. The steward said the thought perhaps Puppy "wasn't feeling well." (as in hung over)

When HAL was still giving chocolates at turndown, I had a steward who used those for eyes. 

L2020681.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I've seen the book available for purchase, but have never looked at one. They should put copies in the library now that they're open again.

You can buy on eBay for little $$ if you want to save OBC.

4 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

For a long time, the stewards had paper "eyes" that they put on the animals. Now that HAL is minimizing excess paper to save the environment (yes, yes, I know about the spa and jewelry promo fliers), they don't give the animals eyes any more. 

I don't know if things have changed for all ships or occasions, but we did get this little darling on Rotterdam in December with eyes and nose intact!!

20231212_141511.jpg

• Like 1

We've got the book and purchased our on board following a towel animal class.  On our last two cruises in SA on the Oosterdam and the Zaandam, there were towel animal classes held.

• Like 3

On 2/24/2024 at 6:15 AM, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The cute towel animals with no eyes are very sad looking to me!!  🙁 I have seen pictures of towel animals on Carnival ships, and they still have eyes.  I really wonder who at HAL thinks paper eyes are terrible when the other Carnival Corporation ships still has them?  🤷‍♀️

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 2