Navigator App Help

BaldiePete

I’m a newbie HAL cruiser, sailing on NS for the 11-Day Iceland & Greenland Passage from Copenhagen on June 29th this year. The dining reservations have just opened for the Pinnacle Grill and I’ve been trying to use my dining credit to make a reservation. When I select Add To Cart nothing happens. There is no icon I can see for a cart, so that I can check out. I’ve hunted around in the app but I can’t find a cart. Am I an idiot? Am I missing something really obvious? I’m using an iPad running iPadOS 17.3.1 and the app is  VERSION: 4.34.1 (20240209.5820.7).

I tried using the website, but it didn’t give me an option to use the dining credit! 

IMG_6910.jpeg

I am having the same issues. I made our NS Pinnacle Grill reservations yesterday on the web site for our party of 7.  It never gave me the option to apply HIA dining credits. The full price for our reservations was charged to my credit card.

I posted a question yesterday on Cruise Critic, asking how to apply my HIA credits for the reservation for everyone in our party. The 2 suggestions which I received did not work. I tried searching this forum for answers and only found your post. Please post if you can apply your HIA dining credits if you go through the web site. 

As your cruise isn't until June 29th, it is really too far away for the Navigator App to be of much use to you.  The Navigator App is primarily best used when you are onboard.  The app generally has more functionality about 2 weeks prior to sailing.  Until then you are best using the website.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

As your cruise isn't until June 29th, it is really too far away for the Navigator App to be of much use to you.  The Navigator App is primarily best used when you are onboard.  The app generally has more functionality about 2 weeks prior to sailing.  Until then you are best using the website.

I agree. I made most of my arrangements well in advance on my computer. I had no trouble getting the HIA dining reservations. I just made the reservation as I normally would, and it didn't charge me. On the home page for my cruise, I could see that I had used my HIA dining credits. 

9 hours ago, pschweig said:

I am having the same issues. I made our NS Pinnacle Grill reservations yesterday on the web site for our party of 7.  It never gave me the option to apply HIA dining credits. The full price for our reservations was charged to my credit card.

I posted a question yesterday on Cruise Critic, asking how to apply my HIA credits for the reservation for everyone in our party. The 2 suggestions which I received did not work. I tried searching this forum for answers and only found your post. Please post if you can apply your HIA dining credits if you go through the web site. 

I couldn’t book through the website either. In that case there was no option to use the dining credits, I was only offered the standard price ($54.28 per person). If I make my selection for date and time then add it to the cart, then at checkout the full price is shown and I am expected to put in my credit card details. At no point, when using the website, was there the option to use the dining credits. 

1 hour ago, BaldiePete said:

I couldn’t book through the website either. In that case there was no option to use the dining credits, 

Your screen shot shows the question: "Use Complimentary Dining?" with a check box after it?

7 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Your screen shot shows the question: "Use Complimentary Dining?" with a check box after it?

That was in the Navigator app, which didn’t have an option to allow me to check out. On the website, I’m not being given the option to use complimentary dining. I’ve gone through the entire process up to the point where I’m asked for my credit card details. At no point is there an option for complimentary dining. 

• Thanks 1

If you login on the website is there under promotional Credit saying that you have dinercredits?

1.JPG.c5826e5c1e41c4838d57fd349d872c7e.JPG

2.JPG.3b4d94808fd747498bd9677569771d25.JPGIt is reedemed by me because I allready used them 🙂

Edited by Henk123

1 hour ago, Henk123 said:

If you login on the website is there under promotional Credit saying that you have dinercredits?

2.JPG.3b4d94808fd747498bd9677569771d25.JPGIt is reedemed by me because I allready used them 🙂

yes it does

IMG_6026.jpeg

1 hour ago, Henk123 said:

10 minutes ago, BaldiePete said:

yes it does

IMG_6026.jpeg

11 minutes ago, BaldiePete said:

yes it does

IMG_6026.jpeg

11 minutes ago, BaldiePete said:

yes it does

IMG_6026.jpeg

Thank you Henk123 for your detailed instructions. This does not work for me either. I see exactly what the OP sees - 2 dining credits for each member of our extended family on the website. There isn’t any place where it allows you to use your dining credits. Just like OP, your only option to make your dining reservation on the web site is to have your credit card charged. So, BaldiePete, I am having the exact issues too. 

17 minutes ago, pschweig said:

Thank you Henk123 for your detailed instructions. This does not work for me either. I see exactly what the OP sees - 2 dining credits for each member of our extended family on the website. There isn’t any place where it allows you to use your dining credits. Just like OP, your only option to make your dining reservation on the web site is to have your credit card charged. So, BaldiePete, I am having the exact issues too. 

Chhose a restaurant. Click on the Book button. Choose the date and time. If you have a credit, you can use it for the reservation.

Using credits, you can only reserve for the people on your booking. If you are traveling with other people, they will have to make their own reservations on their own bookings.

33 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Chhose a restaurant. Click on the Book button. Choose the date and time. If you have a credit, you can use it for the reservation.

Using credits, you can only reserve for the people on your booking. If you are traveling with other people, they will have to make their own reservations on their own bookings.

33 minutes ago, POA1 said:

I will try this for each of the 3 bookings. Question: do you know how to combine these single reservations when made into one single reservation for our party of 7? 

I am sorry for hijacking OP’s thread! I posted the same question on Cruise Critic the day before OP did, receiving 2 suggestions which did not work. Thank you Henk123 and POA1 for your step by step suggestions. I see exactly what OP sees. I tried making a reservation only for my booking of 4. No option to apply dining credits. 

I tried a different browser - same thing. Is it because I am trying to do this on an iPad? 

Next - I’m going to make individual reservations per POA1’s suggestion, but on the Navigator app where it gives me the option to apply dining credits. Then I will have my TA contact HAL to combine the reservations into one table of 7 per Henk123’s suggestion. 

OP - I will let you know if this works. 

Edited by pschweig
Posted personal info by mistake

OP - I give up! Now when I try to cancel the existing reservation for 7 which was charged to my credit card, it goes to a screen to cancel an amount of $54.28 on a reserved shore excursion. If I click continue, it lists the shore excursion name, instead of Pinnacle Grill dinner on which I clicked. Time to contact someone else. 

2 hours ago, POA1 said:

The problem is that when I choose the date and time there is no option to use my credit. My wife and I definitely both have two dining credits as shown in the screenshot in an earlier post but the only option is to pay the standard price of $54.28 per person. 

I’m in Scotland so it’s not easy for me to phone HAL on their US number, so I’ve emailed them at HAL_Ship_Services@hollandamerica.com. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BaldiePete said:

Miraculously the Navigator app just started working and the option to view the cart and checkout appeared so I’m now booked. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Aha, someone (me?) should have thought of the fact it was a weekend in Seattle and the website is often odd and unreliable from late Friday to early Monday! But then magically is fixed (when someone comes into the office and reboots it?).

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, pschweig said:

Question: do you know how to combine these single reservations when made into one single reservation for our party of 7? 

Have you considered using the telephone? Call, with all the booking numbers in hand, and the dining reservations can all be made, with everyone at the same table, easily. 
I have done it. 

There are going to be 7 of us, on four booking numbers; I don't even know one of the couples. 
I called with the selected dates/times, booking numbers, and all was processed. 
It did take a while, as there were the four booking numbers to work through, for 2 dates each. But it was done in a lot less time than all your angst is costing you. 

Thank you for your suggestion. As I explained in an earlier post, I am unable to cancel the existing reservation on the website which was charged to my credit card. Otherwise, I would use the Navigator app to make reservations for each of the 3 booking numbers, applying dining credits. My fantastic TA said she is calling HAL tomorrow on my behalf. 

9 minutes ago, pschweig said:

Otherwise, I would use the Navigator app to make reservations for each of the 3 booking numbers, applying dining credits.

But it has already been explained to you that you can only make the reservations for up to 6 people. Since you have 7 in your party, you can't do it on line. 
If you call to make the reservation, they will cancel the booking that you were charged for. 

• Like 1