Ext-cord

GerriJS

I also use a c-pap but have been very bad not using it so it will not be traveling with me. :o You need to think about where you are going to need the plugs. I would assume you will need some in the bathroom so you might look at bring 2 so one can go to the bed area. Shouldn't have to be more than 6 feet I would think.

Six to nine foot range would make it to the bed dependingon where the plugin is.The one ship we were on it would have needed to be nine footer. We always take an ext-cord (for my bedside clock) and a power strip just in case we need more outlets for other things.

It really depends on your ship and what category/size of your cabin. We had an inside cabin on RCI Splendour of the Seas and we took a 15 ft. cord and that was way too long. There was one outlet at the vanity and we ran the cord to my husband's cpap machine on the same side of the room. When you consider (for this machine anyway) the generous length of the power cord, your extension cord doesn't have to be very long. I will agree with the 6 or 9 ft being plenty long.

Let me repeat.....one outlet for the entire cabin. We were constantly unplugging one thing to plug in another. I wish I'd taken a power strip just for using electric razor/hair appliances/battery charger/nightlight/etc.

I use a CPAP also. We always travel with an extension cord that's about 25 feet long, and we also bring a power strip. Be sure to opt for a longer cord than a shorter one. Remember, the excess cord can be tucked away out of sight, but you can't stretch one that is too short.

The power strip comes in handy when outlets are in short supply. We were on the Sea Princess last month and it only had one power outlet. Our power strip allowed us to have 6. We were able to plug in my wife's hair dryer, our laptop, two battery chargers, and charge my electric razor too.

I also just bought what's called "Power Strip Liberators". They are short, about one foot long, extension cords, that are used to keep space consuming AC adapters off your power strip. This will free up more outlets on your power strip. An AC adapter can sometimes cover an adjacent outlet on the power strip, and you can free it up by using these short extension cords. Plug in the short extension cord into the power strip and the AC adapter into the the cord.

I initally saw these in one of the airline Sky Mall catalogs. They wanted $12.99 for 5. I found them online at Xtreme Geek, $8.95 for 5.

Anyone carry power strips in their luggage on international flights when sailing in Europe? I keep getting a picture of security destroying our luggage on the tarmac when they see the wires and think we are transporting a bomb.

infoprof56

My husband uses an oxygen concentrator at night so we always take an extension cord and power strip when we cruise. We've flown twice Europe with both and had no problem.

Archived