Seattle Port Valet

Linsuesue

Pre covid, we used Port Valet and absolutely loved it! After covid, we were the 2nd Carnival ship to go to Alaska, and there was no port valet. After that, I noticed port valet started up again, but depending on the cruise line, you could book it in advance online. For some reason that didn’t include Carnival, as I recall. You just had to sign up onboard like we did in the past. Now it looks like all cruise lines can book it in advance or you can sign up for it onboard. I will be traveling with a group of 26 this July. Having port valet would be a great benefit to us all. Has anybody used the Seattle port valet service for Carnival more recently, and did you need to sign up in advance?

Carnival has not participated in the Port Valet program since the pandemic - so not in 2021, '22 or '23.  I would not expect Carnival to begin participating this season, but keep checking the Port Valet website (Port of Seattle).  Miracles can happen. 

15 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Carnival has not participated in the Port Valet program since the pandemic - so not in 2021, '22 or '23.  I would not expect Carnival to begin participating this season, but keep checking the Port Valet website (Port of Seattle).  Miracles can happen. 

I have known of a couple of posters who have said that they used Seattle port valet in 2023. I just phoned the port in Seattle and was directed to the baggage command center. They just told me that they absolutely participate with Carnival and port valet service is available for my July cruise! They said that you can sign up in advance online, or just as easily sign up onboard ship. As long as your airline qualifies, your flight is the same day that the cruise returns, and your flight is after 12:00. 

2 minutes ago, Linsuesue said:

I have known of a couple of posters who have said that they used Seattle port valet in 2023. I just phoned the port in Seattle and was directed to the baggage command center. They just told me that they absolutely participate with Carnival and port valet service is available for my July cruise! They said that you can sign up in advance online, or just as easily sign up onboard ship. As long as your airline qualifies, your flight is the same day that the cruise returns, and your flight is after 12:00. 

I actually work at Pier 91, and I can comfortably say that Carnival hasn't participated in Port Valet the last 3 seasons. 

As for speaking to someone via phone about Carnival participating this year - last year CC posters, before the 2023 season even began, also reported that they were told that Carnival was part of the Port Valet program, and some even said that they were able to pre-register online, only to find out once the season started that Carnival actually declined to participate.   I believe what happened last year is that the online sign-up listed all the cruise ships in Seattle, but as the beginning of the 2023 season neared, Carnival officially announced that they were not participating, and at that point all the Carnival sailings were dropped from the online sign up.

Don't get me wrong, Port Valet is an amazing program, and I certainly hope that Carnival will be part of it this year, but if past performance is any indication, I am not optimistic that they will.  I would suggest having a Plan B in case Port Valet isn't available on your cruise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I actually work at Pier 91, and I can comfortably say that Carnival hasn't participated in Port Valet the last 3 seasons. 

As for speaking to someone via phone about Carnival participating this year - last year CC posters, before the 2023 season even began, also reported that they were told that Carnival was part of the Port Valet program, and some even said that they were able to pre-register online, only to find out once the season started that Carnival actually declined to participate.   I believe what happened last year is that the online sign-up listed all the cruise ships in Seattle, but as the beginning of the 2023 season neared, Carnival officially announced that they were not participating, and at that point all the Carnival sailings were dropped from the online sign up.

Don't get me wrong, Port Valet is an amazing program, and I certainly hope that Carnival will be part of it this year, but if past performance is any indication, I am not optimistic that they will.  I would suggest having a Plan B in case Port Valet isn't available on your cruise.

I hate to say it, but I so hope you are wrong!😃 I will be tracking the first ships to go out to Alaska like a hawk. Plan B is always to schlep our bags off on our own, but I hope we won’t have to do that. I appreciate your input, especially since you work at the port. Thank you! If you hear of any concrete decision about it-yay or nay-I would appreciate it if you would post back here. 

Edited by Linsuesue
  • Thanks 1