Documents, documents, documents

Jim Avery

We are eagerly awaiting documents for April 16 SDI. It seems that the time before sailing when documents arrive is shrinking. From many of the posts on these boards, it seems we share a love of getting our documents. Lois & I consider our trip started when they arrive. I guess you really dont need them in advance, could check in with an e-ticket at a dock kiosk and it seems that the mass marketers are heading that way. One day, our documents in the very nice day planners will seem quaint. Im sure I am not alone in this group by admitting to having a drawer full of past documents. They are almost as much fun as the travel albums at re living wonderful cruse memeories. May we enjoy the document ceremony for many years before the inevitable e ticket.

All the best,

Jim.

But I really do enjoy brekaing open my laptop and reviewing all of the pictures from our trips, versus having to trudge out the old picture books, needless to say being able to share them over the web is so much easier

You gave me a great idea though and I am creating my own e-tineraries to put in front and in back of each on-line album.

I agree we will miss the leather bound binders but storing all of that is getting harder and garder as the pages on the calendar fly by.

Im sure I am not alone in this group by admitting to having a drawer full of past documents.

We don't have a drawerful, but we do have the two that were elegantly presented to us, and worth keeping: The Queen Mary 2, and the SeaDream II. The mass market ship documents were not worth keeping.

I think the only future additions to our collection will be SeaDream I's and II's.

Documents are here so it must be time to begin packing. Must find that Tommy Bahama shirt. As usual the documents are very well done and provide a great deal of information. The only change is that the cover is black instead of the previous blue. Must be a code..... might mean keep an eye on these people and count their drinks.

Jim.

LOL, Jim! Ours were black instead of blue for our January cruise. Don't THINK they had to keep an eye on us at the bar, but you never know! Maybe it's a change of seasons -- or ship. We were on SDI the first cruise.

Hope you have a wonderful time!

Vandrefalk

Archived