Does MSC charge for an extension cord for CPAP

wgeddings

Going on an MAC cruise in a couple of weeks.  On other lines I request an extension cord for my CPAP and it has been no problem. Read a user comment that MSC charges $30 for one though.  Is that true?  Anyone know for certain?

not worried about water or outlets but need to know about extension cords.  Also I usually request and receive a fan on other lines so anyone know about fans on MSC?

not Yacht Club but I am Gold level status from status match. If that matters. 

Technically, it is not a charge, but a security hold. You get credit when it is returned.  They also do not guarantee that they will have enough in stock. I always bring a cord.  They also will tell you that they don't supply distilled water, but in YC, we've always been give a supply of water.  Many (not all!) in other experiences say they have been given distilled water. Gold status doesn't help.  I will say, we always fill out the special needs form and ask for water.

• Thanks 1

One time I was told it was not available.  The next I got a bottle of soda filled with water that said "distilled water".  It probably was distilled water because they have that on the ship when they desalinate it.  but it was not comforting to put that into my Resmed machine.  Best thing is to take your own extension cord and water if you can.  I filled out the special needs form and the response is that they do not provide the distilled water.

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 12:43 AM, wgeddings said:

Going on an MAC cruise in a couple of weeks.  On other lines I request an extension cord for my CPAP and it has been no problem. Read a user comment that MSC charges $30 for one though.  Is that true?  Anyone know for certain?

not worried about water or outlets but need to know about extension cords.  Also I usually request and receive a fan on other lines so anyone know about fans on MSC?

not Yacht Club but I am Gold level status from status match. If that matters. 

Bring your own extension cord. It will need to reach from the desk to the bedside. 

• Like 2

On 2/29/2024 at 12:43 AM, wgeddings said:

Also I usually request and receive a fan on other lines so anyone know about fans on MSC?

NO fans available.

• Like 1