Breakaway 9 day entertainment question

Posted (edited)

Yes. The two main “shows” are burn the floor and wheel of fortune. The don’t install another broadway show when the ship adds two nights to their normal 7-night itineraries. 

Edited by BirdTravels

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The don’t install another broadway show when the ship adds two nights to their normal 7-night itineraries. 

For what it's worth - they also don't double the number of nights of the broadway shows when the trip is 15 nights, still doing only 2 nights of performances for each show as they would do on a 7-night.

9 hours ago, hallux said:

For what it's worth - they also don't double the number of nights of the broadway shows when the trip is 15 nights, still doing only 2 nights of performances for each show as they would do on a 7-night.

I was hoping there would be more show choices.  

Re Broadway shows, we were told last November by a senior entertainment crew member that NCL is ending them.  The current ones will end as soon as their contracts expire.  Instead, NCL will use in-house talent to produce entertainment.  It’s a cost-cutting measure.  Broadway contracts are expensive, as are having to buy and maintain authentic costumes, etc.  (As an example, she said the sequined jackets worn for the finale in Million Dollar Quartet cost over $5000 each.)

Anyone else remember the last time NCL decided to produce their own shows?  Results were…Meh.

With apologies to their many fans, I can’t believe they are now substituting Price is Right for quality show like Six!  

36 minutes ago, cincicruisers said:

I was hoping there would be more show choices.  

As noted - they're not going to license or produce (and somehow load onto the ship) an additional show for the odd 9 day itinerary if the ship is regularly doing 7 day trips.  The best you'll get is a different selection of comedians partway through, maybe a magician and possibly some kind of 'variety' act.

We had 4 comedians on my 15-night cruise, 2 at a time.  I think some extra Beatles Experience shows were booked in the theater and one of the SIX cast members had a self-produced show that seemed a bit of a vanity project for her, which was done in the Atrium one night.  Oh, there was another singer that I never saw perform as well.  Some of these might have been typical on a 7-night cruise with others being the 'fillers'.