share holders perks

Just had a reply from the stock perks site saying that Carnival were not accepting any request for credits for cruises after 31 July, to try again in May.

I do not know if this means they are going to change or even stop this benefit. Time will tell.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Needs to be approved at each AGM. 

Could you please direct me to the section in the call for the upcoming AGM that would handle this, as I cannot find it. 

I truly struggle to see why a presumably minor business decision like awarding a limited amount of on board credit to a certain group of customers would require AGM approval. 

I'm aware of other threads claiming various things, but that really doesn't make the original statement neither more nor less correct. I still cannot see that this is an agenda point at the upcoming AGM, or that it has been an agenda point at any recent AGM for that matter. No criticism, just trying to figure out whether this is in fact AGM governed or not, and so far I'm leaning towards "not". 

10 hours ago, Sucellos said:

I'm aware of other threads claiming various things, but that really doesn't make the original statement neither more nor less correct. I still cannot see that this is an agenda point at the upcoming AGM, or that it has been an agenda point at any recent AGM for that matter. No criticism, just trying to figure out whether this is in fact AGM governed or not, and so far I'm leaning towards "not". 

I received this as part of an email from Cunard in UK

“ Thank you for your email. Thank you for providing details of your Carnival Share holdings however currently we are not able to apply the benefits for cruises past 31st July 2023.  

We are waiting for the Annual Report to be published which will confirm the benefit values.”

I’m guessing, but have never bothered to read it in depth, that it’s hidden in the annual report & accounts that are presented to the AGM. 

44 minutes ago, Stu UK said:

I’m guessing, but have never bothered to read it in depth, that it’s hidden in the annual report & accounts that are presented to the AGM. 

Hence the problem, because this year - notably different from very preceding year - there is absolutely no mention of shareholders OBC in the Annual Report.

So, there is no certainty over if and how the perk might be renewed this year.  Some say that the mechanism for doing that is the AGM.  But, there are conflicting reports as to whether this issue is being put to the vote at the AGM - posters on other threads have said variously that it is specified as something on which a vote will be taken or that it isn't.  I haven't seen anything on any of the related threads that suggests definitively that it is to be voted on at the AGM or that it isn't.

Neither have I seen a definitive explanation of how this perk is renewed each year if it is not via the AGM.  

So, pretty much all that is certain is that, compared with previous years in which there has been prominent mention of the perk in the Annual Report (e.g. a whole page right up-front in the report (p3) last year), there is no mention of it at all in the recently released Annual Report.  Hence the speculation over whether it will be renewed beyond 31 Jul 24.