Alcohol Free Non Alcohol drinks package - details needed

Tracey/Thom

Has anyone used the Alcohol Free package on MSC? I"m travelling with a 16 year old in July, 2024 and considering it. But I'd like some details on what it entails - I read the list on the MSC website (it's still not a great website and I love MSC!).

Protein cocktails - like what?

Energy drinks - for example?

Hot drinks and ice cream - isn't that already included? (We're Fantastica experience)

And what's the limit on the non alchol cocktails, is it still $9 each?

Thanks for your help

On 3/1/2024 at 2:08 PM, Tracey/Thom said:

Has anyone used the Alcohol Free package on MSC?

yes, we got it for our then 12 yo kiddo on our Nov 2023 Seascape cruise. We got the "Easy Plus drinks and wifi included" package. Not free, obviously, but the kid's Minor package was tucked on with ours. Otherwise, I think it's expensive on its own.

Seascape only had Red bull and Red bull zero sugar in terms of energy drinks. They had real problems with supplies in the buffet bar, sometimes they had regular and sometimes only the zero sugar version.  Maybe, other bars were better stocked.

Don't know anything about the protein cocktails. Didn't order any.

Soft serve is only free for about an hour in the afternoon in the buffet on Seascape. It is supposed to be included in the non-Alcohol/Minor's package, but crew members were very confused about it. I hope it's different on Seashore. 🙂 Otherwise, it's $5 for a cone of soft serve. Ugh.

Fancy coffee is included in the Minor's package (latte, cappuccino, americano). They didn't have many different varieties, like Starbucks (not that we ever go there anyway).  The cups were tiny. Might as well get a couple while you are at it. If you got it at a non-buffet bar in a to-go cup, they were bigger.

Mocktails were all included, I am not sure there was a $ limit, but they are all under $9 anyway. My kid tried a ton of them, and love Miami Vice Zero most of all.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 2:08 PM, Tracey/Thom said:

Has anyone used the Alcohol Free package on MSC?

there might be a difference between Minor's package and Alcohol Free package:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/dining-drinks/drinks-packages

but it won't let me click on them. I do see that there is a difference between a package for under 12 yo and 13 and over:

If an adult purchases a drinks package, are underage guests required to do the same thing as well?

Yes, the Minors Package must be purchased for all underage guests travelling with adults who purchase a beverage package. Applicable for minors aged 3-17 on European itineraries and 3-12 on North American and Caribbean itineraries (Alcohol-free package available for minors 13-20 years old).
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

there might be a difference between Minor's package and Alcohol Free package:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/on-board/dining-drinks/drinks-packages

but it won't let me click on them. I do see that there is a difference between a package for under 12 yo and 13 and over:

If an adult purchases a drinks package, are underage guests required to do the same thing as well?

Yes, the Minors Package must be purchased for all underage guests travelling with adults who purchase a beverage package. Applicable for minors aged 3-17 on European itineraries and 3-12 on North American and Caribbean itineraries (Alcohol-free package available for minors 13-20 years old).

In My Booking, there is no Minors Package for sale. The website is still a pain to deal with!

1 hour ago, Tracey/Thom said:

In My Booking, there is no Minors Package for sale. The website is still a pain to deal with!

I think it may be because your kid is over 12. At 13+ they get the non-alcohol package.

Applicable for minors aged 3-12 on North American and Caribbean itineraries (Alcohol-free package available for minors 13-20 years old).

• Like 1