1st time on NCL in >25 years w/MDR questions

Have cruised multiple other lines before and since my brief NCL experience. I'm aware most cruise lines' MDRs offer basically same menus aboard each ship. But, I will be on the Encore in March with grandkids and wonder if the MDRs (Manhattan, Savor, Taste) offer identical menus or not. I believe I saw a  suggestion that there were some differences between the 3. No menus seen, only descriptions of their offerings in marketing and abstract terms. Right now, only Manhattan is available for reservations so I don't know how easy it'll be to make reservations in the other 2 MDRs once on board.

Thanks for any info.

It's possible this part may have changed/may change before your cruise, but anyway!!

Taste and Savor are both less formal dining rooms and are more intimate. The dress code is basically whatever. Manhattan Room may (or may not - check Freestyle Daily) long pants and sneakers for dinner. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No difference between the 3.  There are number of menus that NCL has and its up to the executive chef to determine which menus he/she will use.  

In terms of the 3 MDRs you mentioned, reservations are not required but are helpful for getting seated a little bit earlier.  Manhattan Room is the bigger MDR so its easier to get seated.  Taste and Savor are right across from each other and Manhattan Room is one floor up.  All three have their own reservation system so you can easily walk over to another if the wait is longer than you like.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

Have cruised multiple other lines before and since my brief NCL experience. I'm aware most cruise lines' MDRs offer basically same menus aboard each ship. But, I will be on the Encore in March with grandkids and wonder if the MDRs (Manhattan, Savor, Taste) offer identical menus or not. I believe I saw a  suggestion that there were some differences between the 3. No menus seen, only descriptions of their offerings in marketing and abstract terms. Right now, only Manhattan is available for reservations so I don't know how easy it'll be to make reservations in the other 2 MDRs once on board.

Thanks for any info.

All three serve an identical menu each night. NCL has a selection of 21 MDR menus that the can select from. All three MDRs have casual dress codes. Shorts would be welcome for all meals on all days. Reservations are not required, but can be made and may speed seating,,, a little. Most people walk up when it fits their schedule or when they are hungry. 

Other complimentary restaurants include The Local and the Garden Cafe Buffet. 

Here's my most recent live post from the Encore. You can get an idea on what the MDR menus look like and there are some photos from each of the MDRs. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Here's my most recent live post from the Encore. You can get an idea on what the MDR menus look like and there are some photos from each of the MDRs. 

Excellent post!!!! Very detailed and carefully documented.  Let me know when you go on any other cruise lines so I can follow your travelogues! Thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jose Zalfadilla said:

Excellent post!!!! Very detailed and carefully documented.  Let me know when you go on any other cruise lines so I can follow your travelogues! Thank you.

Ditto! :classic_smile:

10 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

There are some ships where pants are required for everyone 12+ in the more formal dining room.

If not required, I hope some do not take the "pantless" option literally! Some things cannot be unseen. :classic_biggrin: