Parking Near Canada Place?

We will be sailing from Vancouver on May 1 and will be driving to and from. Curious is anyone has any good tips for parking.

There is a large group of us so staying at a hotel that offers parking and a shuttle is less convenient, but something we're considering. 

Does anyone know of decently priced parking within walking distance or something farther that offers a shuttle? TIA

13 hours ago, bobomonkeyrage said:

We will be sailing from Vancouver on May 1 and will be driving to and from. Curious is anyone has any good tips for parking.

There is a large group of us so staying at a hotel that offers parking and a shuttle is less convenient, but something we're considering. 

Does anyone know of decently priced parking within walking distance or something farther that offers a shuttle? TIA

Unfortunately, downtown parking costs are normally prohibitive. Suggest checking out the long term parking at YVR and taking the Skytrain into Canada Place.

• Like 1

+1 to what Andy said - there's parking right at the pier for ~$25/day, you won't save much at all anywhere else downtown (indeed, some other lots are even pricier!) Longterm airport works out around $13 a day, with a SkyTrain station literally in the longterm lot which you can take downtown for ~$9pp... depending on group size though, cab fare might be very reasonable (fixed rate per vehicle of $37 to most of downtown, $41 to pier) so with 4 bums on seats only a couple of bucks pp more than SkyTrain...

You could try for suburban hotels with longterm parking rates though - e.g. the local chain Accent Inns has a Burnaby and Airport location. I don't think they offer 'park & cruise' deals anymore, but that's not a problem for groups (it added a shuttle ride into town on the already-running local 'milk run to the pier' service that booked separately is poor value for anyone except a solo at about $20pp - i.e. 2 people cost as much as a cab which you can fit potentially four in!)

YWCA Hotel also offers unique 5-bed rooms as well as regular hotel type 1 & 2 bed rooms - if you plan to stay for a while and do some touristy stuff, a downtown hotel location is more convenient and the Y is usually less than airport hotels anyway!

• Like 1

On 3/5/2024 at 5:21 PM, martincath said:

Longterm airport works out around $13 a day

Is that the long term value lot? If so, heads up that it has gone up a bit.  

I just got back from Vegas and my buddy ended up paying $110 for 4 days ($27.50/day) in the long term value lot.  It made me cross-check the YVR parking website and while it appears one can save a chunk by booking online and booking for a week, the best rate (weekly & prebooking online) seems to be over $17. Still cheaper than the $25/day rates downtown but getting closer to it when factoring transport to/from YVR and convenience.

21 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

Is that the long term value lot? If so, heads up that it has gone up a bit.  

I just got back from Vegas and my buddy ended up paying $110 for 4 days ($27.50/day) in the long term value lot.  It made me cross-check the YVR parking website and while it appears one can save a chunk by booking online and booking for a week, the best rate (weekly & prebooking online) seems to be over $17. Still cheaper than the $25/day rates downtown but getting closer to it when factoring transport to/from YVR and convenience.

Thanks for the heads up M - yes, weekly rate at the long term 'value' lot was what I was referring to. Never thought about shorter cruises getting hit with a higher daily rate either!

• Thanks 1