Additional Internet device

craigtompkins

We are on the Seashore later this month and our package includes Internet and 1 device.  I know this is literally 1 device per person.  Because of some stuff happening at work, I'm going to need a 2nd device.  I assume I can just go to the MSC site and select the Browse & Streaming 1 device, prepay and be all set.  Would that be accurate?  Once on board I would then have 1 browse device and 1 Browse & Stream.  How would I make sure the Browse & Stream was associated to my laptop and the Browse was associated with my cell phone?

This may be more expensive, but with MSC being very quirky (for lack of a better word) I’d wait until onboard to book the browse and stream. Then the person at the desk can help set it up with you.

3 hours ago, craigtompkins said:

I assume I can just go to the MSC site and select the Browse & Streaming 1 device, prepay and be all set.  Would that be accurate?

Yes.

3 hours ago, craigtompkins said:

How would I make sure the Browse & Stream was associated to my laptop and the Browse was associated with my cell phone?

You just login at the laptop with the B&S credentials and at the cellphone with the Browse credentials.

Absolutely no need to waste the money (a lot of actually) by waiting to book on board. If you need help, you get help anyway.

Just now, perakcruiser said:

You just login at the laptop with the B&S credentials and at the cellphone with the Browse credentials.

Thank you, but I don't really understand.  I thought on my ship card there was a code to use to sign into the Internet.  I've never done the 2 device, so maybe there are 2 codes on the card?  Or a different code inside the MSC for Me App?

2 minutes ago, craigtompkins said:

Thank you, but I don't really understand.  I thought on my ship card there was a code to use to sign into the Internet.  I've never done the 2 device, so maybe there are 2 codes on the card? 

No, you will get the second code on paper. In theory, if the second person in the cabin has no internet, then I assume the second booking goes to him/her. 

I was able to use my Android phone as a hotspot and run my tablet off of that. I think that only works with Android phones. I did upgrade the free Browse package to Browse and Stream once on board and it was an extra $5 a day.

On 3/6/2024 at 7:09 PM, nferr said:

I was able to use my Android phone as a hotspot and run my tablet off of that. I think that only works with Android phones. I did upgrade the free Browse package to Browse and Stream once on board and it was an extra $5 a day.

Oh, good to know. Thanks for sharing.

26 minutes ago, ace123 said:

Oh, good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Worth noting that not all android phones can be used this way. My Google Pixel 5 can hotspot wifi (not just cell signal) but my husband's Samsung Galaxy s20 cannot.

On 3/8/2024 at 9:38 PM, JamieLogical said:

Worth noting that not all android phones can be used this way. My Google Pixel 5 can hotspot wifi (not just cell signal) but my husband's Samsung Galaxy s20 cannot.

Good to know. Mines a Google Pixel 6a so it worked fine.