anyone (Derf?) know where I can find stats/info on...

MamaParrotHead

Cruise Ship Waste Dispersion Analysis

from

http://www.iccl.org/resources/wastedispersion.cfm

The History & Future of Cruise Ship Waste:

from

http://www.uaf.edu/seagrant/nosb/papers/2001/Gastineau-cruiseships.html

Report: Cruise ship waste-dumping laws too lax

from

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/215506_cruiseship11.html

That was highly informative, previous posts had lead me to beleive that both grey and black wastes were stored. But now that I think about it, you could not possibly store that much grey water (and that much black on a long trip).

Cruise Ship Waste Dispersion Analysis

from

http://www.iccl.org/resources/wastedispersion.cfm

The History & Future of Cruise Ship Waste:

from

http://www.uaf.edu/seagrant/nosb/papers/2001/Gastineau-cruiseships.html

Report: Cruise ship waste-dumping laws too lax

from

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/215506_cruiseship11.html

That's a lot of doody :eek:

...you asked about the POC forums and created a post criticising where people post...

How about getting all your junk in the floataway lounge where it belongs??

um, yeah...my exact question was, "how much waste is dumped on the average (7 day?) Carnival cruise? Thanks!" How EXACTLY does that NOT belong in the CARNIVAL forum?

um, yeah...my exact question was, "how much waste is dumped on the average (7 day?) Carnival cruise? Thanks!" How EXACTLY does that NOT belong in the CARNIVAL forum?

That is the point of all the other forums Fashion - does not matter if you are on Carnival, POC forums - does not matter if you are on Carnival, Cabin Selection Tips - does not matter if you are on Carnival

Just because I want to know what my black pants and sequin top will do for me because I am on a CARNIVAL ship does not mean I should post in the CARNIVAL forum -

One would have thought you had plenty of feedback on this already from your post about it.

Waste discharge from a ship - EVEN CARNIVAL specific, definitely belongs in the floataway....

That is whole thing that gets people hung up on posting in this forum and making it cumbersome! Yesterdays performance was a great demonstration.

But this is a free country, and I am not the host - just providing an opinion on how to make the forum better, but keep waste discharging into this forum all you want...

just to be clear. Can you give me your list of "acceptable" topics for the Carnival forum?

How about you just use common sense? I don't think you need to be held by the hand and told what you can say.

On another topic, I'm going to Grand Cayman in April with CARNIVAL. What's the tendering situation like in GC in respect to Carnival cruises only?

How about you just use common sense? I don't think you need to be held by the hand and told what you can say.

On another topic, I'm going to Grand Cayman in April with CARNIVAL. What's the tendering situation like in GC in respect to Carnival cruises only?

If I'm personally being held responsible for posting in inappropriate forums, it's only fair that those acceptable topics be spelled out. And you can go post in the Grand Cayman forum...do you see a "ship waste" forum? :) refusing to be pulled into a mud slinging contest, I've got my answer. Thanks, Derf!

I will never understand the little petty arguments that take place on message boards about which forum to post in. Does it really affect you that much? :confused:

actually--sooner or later it does. if we didnt have the options of the other places to post you will be wading through pages and pages of roll calls of people looking for people on their sailing.. and tons of fashion questions on what is acceptable for formal nights. It used to take a lot of time going from page to page finding stuff to read that related to cruising.

Approximately how much smoke is belched from the Carnival funnel during an average 7 day voyage?

It depends on how much smoking is done on the ship. All the smoke gets filtered and the ash is ejected out the smokestack landing on the passengers on the Funnel deck.

Also when Funship Freda blows her smokstack top (what do you think those things growing out of her head are) she is topless.

It depends on how much smoking is done on the ship. All the smoke gets filtered and the ash is ejected out the smokestack landing on the passengers on the Funnel deck.

Also when Funship Freda blows her smokstack top (what do you think those things growing out of her head are) she is topless.

Funship Freda? Wait...I am so confused, I thought Funship Freda was Funship "Freddie." You mean to tell me "he's" a SHE? Oh my gosh. The scandal this will likely cause - tales of the cross-dressing funship mascot. I can see it now

Funship Freda? Wait...I am so confused, I thought Funship Freda was Funship "Freddie." You mean to tell me "he's" a SHE? Oh my gosh. The scandal this will likely cause - tales of the cross-dressing funship mascot. I can see it now

Well there are funship Derfies and Fredas. How do you think they get baby funships?

Archived