On board temperatures Norwegian FJords

Hi,

I’ve cruised a few times before but new to this site.

I am on Arcadia’s Norwegian Fjords cruise for 12nights mid April and have never done a cold weather cruise. Can you tell me what the on board temperature is in bats & restaurants? Also, how warm is the pool and pool deck area?

I’m trying to work out what clothes are needed and if swimming pool is pleasant on sea days.

Any other Arcadia comments would be welcomed as this is a new ship to us.

Thank you.

I haven't been on Arcadia so will just reply in general. The ships inside temperature will be comfortable for indoor clothing.

The pool temperature is usually hot during winter months. On a Northern Lights cruise I had to get out once. It was so hot I started feeling nauseous. The pool deck will be outside temperature 

3 minutes ago, happy v said:

I haven't been on Arcadia so will just reply in general. The ships inside temperature will be comfortable for indoor clothing.

The pool temperature is usually hot during winter months. On a Northern Lights cruise I had to get out once. It was so hot I started feeling nauseous. The pool deck will be outside temperature 

Thank you.

One of Arcadia’s pools has a retractable roof so I’m hoping it’ll be warm when you get out of the pool, or at least comfortable.

47 minutes ago, KazzaCruiser said:

Thank you.

One of Arcadia’s pools has a retractable roof so I’m hoping it’ll be warm when you get out of the pool, or at least comfortable.

It is pleasant when you get out of the indoor pool, it is likely that it will be very busy. Enjoy your cruise, Arcadia is a nice ship.

• Thanks 1

We were on the Xmas 2022 cruise on Arcadia stopping in Oslo and we went to Sindhu that night - it was absolutely freezing in there - it didn't appear to have any heating.  We (along with other diners) had to go and get coats and jumpers to even stay long enough to eat our meal.

Obviously there was no sign of any management presence in the venue.

Our advice is to skip Sindhu if its really cold.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, castlebello said:

We were on the Xmas 2022 cruise on Arcadia stopping in Oslo and we went to Sindhu that night - it was absolutely freezing in there - it didn't appear to have any heating.  We (along with other diners) had to go and get coats and jumpers to even stay long enough to eat our meal.

Obviously there was no sign of any management presence in the venue.

Our advice is to skip Sindhu if its really cold.

I was on that one. Think it was overnight in Oslo and doors open all night with minus 11 degrees outside. Freezing everywhere on board.  Remember sitting in Piano Bar with a coat on. Surely they could close doors after, say, midnight.