Riviera SE Asia Cruise Review with Lots of Photos and Menus

Posted (edited)
LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thank you for sharing your review with everyone at Cruise Critic. Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

MVPinBoynton was awarded the badge 'Great Review'

I have just posted a review to my website with lots of photos of the Islands to Indonesia cruise on the Oceania Riviera.  It was an amazing cruise through Southeast Asia starting in Singapore and ending in Bangkok.  It was such a wonderful adventure, and we were able to spend three nights before the cruise in Singapore and three nights after in Bangkok.  Two cities that I have looked forward to spending more time in since my first visit in 2010.  I also have the menus from the restaurants, spa and lounges.

Although the Rivera lost one of its engines, we didn’t lose too much port time in any of the ports other than Manila.  While in Singapore we stayed at the amazing Marina Bay Sands Hotel with a massive infinity pool on the top of it.

Riv24_IP-2380.jpg.7ccb340af9780711f88c8c71351396c9.jpg

We also were able to see the Supertree light/sound show at the Gardens by the Bay right next to the hotel.

Riv24_IP-3046.jpg.e38dfa4f5f353aaea90df3dca91753a4.jpg

In Bangkok, we saw a mesmerizing display inside of a massive stupa.

Riv24_IP-9125.jpg.6e40ccc2d6387314bcaae6fe7f5c2dee.jpg

We saw so much beauty and history in SE Asia, so it is a long review.  The review is located on my website, which is linked to in my signature.  You can also just Google “Mike and Carol’s/Cathy’s Cruise Reviews” to find a link to it I hope it is helpful for those of you that are planning to cruise on in this part of the world; or if you have been there, I hope it brings back some fond memories.

Edited by MVPinBoynton
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Thank you as we look forward to reading your in-depth reviews. Will head over now to read as we always gain valued tips/recommendations; we've used some of your noted tour guides on past cruises and were very satisfied.  Losing an engine sounds unsettling,

Edited by WESTEAST

Looking forward to reading the review and taking a look at your fabulous photos!

As for the infinity pool overlooking Singapore's highways and city, that will be a huge NO for me!!!  I have anxiety just looking at that photo. 😮

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Iamthesea said:

Looking forward to reading the review and taking a look at your fabulous photos!

As for the infinity pool overlooking Singapore's highways and city, that will be a huge NO for me!!!  I have anxiety just looking at that photo. 😮

In the review there is a photo and video that shows you would have to work very hard to get outside the channel and over the wall on the other side of the pool to fall off the building. 

Re: engine.

We were on the next 2 segments (getting off tomorrow in Seoul).  No problems AFAIK.  Our only delay was when Shanghai held us up for hours due to fog.  We made every port more or less on time. 

Looking forward to reading your review. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, the mice said:

Re: engine.

We were on the next 2 segments (getting off tomorrow in Seoul).  No problems AFAIK.  Our only delay was when Shanghai held us up for hours due to fog.  We made every port more or less on time. 

Looking forward to reading your review. 

So happy to hear that.  They must have gotten a part in Singapore to fix it. 

We had a Shanghai fog issue too. We had to spend an extra night there because the port had to close. It didn’t open until after 1:00 the next day. We missed the next port. 

Thank you so much for this review.

We should have been on the cruise with you but had to cancel at the last minute. So it was really very good to see your photos. We are fortunate enough to have been in Asia many times and there were actually only two ports we’d not visited.

This was probably going to be our last ‘long haul’ trip so there was a great deal of disappointment at the time of cancelling. Anyway, your photos brought back so many good memories that I almost feel like I was on the trip after all!

Thank you once again.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2024 at 9:34 PM, tryan70 said:

Was engine trouble fixed?

Actually, the engine problems started in Mumbai where we boarded and continued up to our disembarkation in Bangkok.  

On 3/6/2024 at 2:59 PM, MVPinBoynton said:

I have just posted a review to my website with lots of photos of the Islands to Indonesia cruise on the Oceania Riviera.  It was an amazing cruise through Southeast Asia starting in Singapore and ending in Bangkok.  It was such a wonderful adventure, and we were able to spend three nights before the cruise in Singapore and three nights after in Bangkok.  Two cities that I have looked forward to spending more time in since my first visit in 2010.  I also have the menus from the restaurants, spa and lounges.

Although the Rivera lost one of its engines, we didn’t lose too much port time in any of the ports other than Manila.  While in Singapore we stayed at the amazing Marina Bay Sands Hotel with a massive infinity pool on the top of it.

Riv24_IP-2380.jpg.7ccb340af9780711f88c8c71351396c9.jpg

We also were able to see the Supertree light/sound show at the Gardens by the Bay right next to the hotel.

Riv24_IP-3046.jpg.e38dfa4f5f353aaea90df3dca91753a4.jpg

In Bangkok, we saw a mesmerizing display inside of a massive stupa.

Riv24_IP-9125.jpg.6e40ccc2d6387314bcaae6fe7f5c2dee.jpg

We saw so much beauty and history in SE Asia, so it is a long review.  The review is located on my website, which is linked to in my signature.  You can also just Google “Mike and Carol’s/Cathy’s Cruise Reviews” to find a link to it I hope it is helpful for those of you that are planning to cruise on in this part of the world; or if you have been there, I hope it brings back some fond memories.

Had a great time in Saigon with you and Cathy.  Very good review and the pictures are great.  Take care, Bill and Kathi

• Like 1