MSC Sinfonia in May 2024

bob10173

3 minutes ago, bob10173 said:

Thanks, no other replies. Is that good or bad??

We were on Sinfonia in April 2019, had a great time.The shows were good, we enjoyed the food and had great staff. Especially enjoyed the Irish Pub, which served a limited food menu.

We were on a port intensive 12 night cruise with only 2 sea days. Would definitely book the ship again. I prefer smaller ships.

It appears this ship doesn't have specialty restaurants or a hot tub in the Aurea thermal spa. Or even any time dining for Aurea people. This ship is going to be different for sure.

2 hours ago, bob10173 said:

It appears this ship doesn't have specialty restaurants or a hot tub in the Aurea thermal spa. Or even any time dining for Aurea people. This ship is going to be different for sure.

Before Covid (at least, I have not sailed with a Lirica-Class-Ship since then) these ships hat the huge advantage that the Aurea Restaurant had a different menu with some great choices from the Speciality restaurants. I don´t think any of the older ships has a hot tub in the spa. 

We are cruising in the Eastern Med in the same week with the Armonia, I hope you are aware that it is Pentecost school holiday week in some countries and you will not be alone on the ship 😉 

We sailed on the Seashore recently as an Aurea guest and it was worth the upgrade for us with the anytime seating and the thermal spa with the hot tub. Not worth upgrading on the Sinfonia from what I am reading. I was not aware of a school holiday. Does that mean the ship will be packed with kids?

I think from Athens will be a little bit less than from Italy and in the Western Med. But sure more kids than usual. The point is if the Aurea restaurants still have a better menu compared to MDR on Lirica Class. If yes, in my opinion it would be worth the upgrade. My experience is from 2018, so absolutely no clue about now. 

On 3/14/2024 at 3:10 AM, perakcruiser said:

I think from Athens will be a little bit less than from Italy and in the Western Med. But sure more kids than usual. The point is if the Aurea restaurants still have a better menu compared to MDR on Lirica Class. If yes, in my opinion it would be worth the upgrade. My experience is from 2018, so absolutely no clue about now. 

The menu is the same, just no specific time to dine. 

8 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Are you sure? When did you check?

I was just on the Seashore in Aurea class and checked both menus. The same.

13 hours ago, Beamafar said:

It’s been some time since we sailed on Sinfonia, but we totally enjoyed the experience.   Wish we could replicate our time onboard. 

Thanks, that is encouraging.