Can you reach the Mayflower Park Hotel inside of the Westlake Center?

Many years ago we stayed at the Mayflower Park Hotel in Seattle. It seems like there was a pass through from the hotel lobby to the Westlake Center. We will be staying there in July and will be taking the Link Light Rail from the airport to the Westlake Center. Do you have to go outside of the Westlake Center to enter the Mayflower Hotel?

I'm not certain, but when got off the lite rail at Westlake, we went up an escalator and walked 2-3 blocks to the Mayflower. If it does connect, we must have missed the signage.

• Like 1

Take the monorail elevator from the Mezzanine of the link station but get off on 5th avenue turn right.  You’ll just walk across Westlake Park (in front of Westlake Park and you’ll be at the hotel.  Alternatively, turn left off the elevator and walk to Olive Way., turn left again and you’ll be at the hotel.  

• Like 1

While I understand that you are asking about public transit, I used Google maps to determine travel times.  If you are moving from SeaTac to the hotel in light traffic, the travel time is not quite 20 minutes.  On the other hand if you use Link, you are looking at 45 minutes.  Plus Link can have some very sketchy characters on board, and isn't very clean.  I'd always do an Uber or Lyft to and from the airport over taking public transit.  Plus, when you get to Westlake you will be underground, and will have to pop up and, by my calculation, have to walk at least 2 blocks to the hotel.  If you Uber, you will be dropped at the door.  Downtown Seattle has a lot of "characters", more than I'm comfortable with anymore.

• Like 1

Fall of '23 there was a door from (possibly) the second floor of the shopping center into the mezzanine level of the hotel. Problem is, you need to have your key card to access it. My recollection is that the outside, street-level walk from the hotel to the shopping center entrance was short and easy- "around the corner" easy- even for a 70 year old guy with mobility issues.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 8:55 PM, jeromep said:

While I understand that you are asking about public transit, I used Google maps to determine travel times.  If you are moving from SeaTac to the hotel in light traffic, the travel time is not quite 20 minutes.  On the other hand if you use Link, you are looking at 45 minutes.  Plus Link can have some very sketchy characters on board, and isn't very clean.  I'd always do an Uber or Lyft to and from the airport over taking public transit.  Plus, when you get to Westlake you will be underground, and will have to pop up and, by my calculation, have to walk at least 2 blocks to the hotel.  If you Uber, you will be dropped at the door.  Downtown Seattle has a lot of "characters", more than I'm comfortable with anymore.

I fully understand what you are saying. We have been to Seattle 5 times from 2010-2022. It is sad to see the decline of a city that embraces tourism and art. It is shocking to see people set up camp in front of businesses and parks, needles everywhere, and people with drugs down by the waterfront. I might be rethinking our plan to save a buck on the Link and pay more for the security of an Uber. 

5 hours ago, rbelshaw said:

Fall of '23 there was a door from (possibly) the second floor of the shopping center into the mezzanine level of the hotel. Problem is, you need to have your key card to access it. My recollection is that the outside, street-level walk from the hotel to the shopping center entrance was short and easy- "around the corner" easy- even for a 70 year old guy with mobility issues.

We might have had to use a key card to access that door, but it has been so long ago that I honestly can’t remember that. I just remember that there were a few nice shops to see, some food variety in the food court upstairs, and the easy peasy access to the monorail on the top floor. 

2 hours ago, Linsuesue said:

I fully understand what you are saying. We have been to Seattle 5 times from 2010-2022. It is sad to see the decline of a city that embraces tourism and art. It is shocking to see people set up camp in front of businesses and parks, needles everywhere, and people with drugs down by the waterfront. I might be rethinking our plan to save a buck on the Link and pay more for the security of an Uber. 

I'm grateful that you didn't flame me on that.  I've been to and from Seattle since I was a kid in the80s.  It used to really be the Emerald City.  It is still very beautiful from 1000 or 2000 feet as you approach the airport to land, but when you get on the ground, it isn't nearly as nice as is used to be.  That is why when we visit Seattle, for a cruise or just for fun, we stay in south King County, in hotel properties in Kent or Renton, or around SeaTac.  We Uber/Lyft or drive in for a few hours, park in a secured facility close to where we want to be, and then go back to the hotel at night.

On our last cruise we did take Link home from the stadium.  We had the fortune to be able to take in a baseball game the evening before our cruise.  We Ubered from the hotel in SeaTac to T-Mobile Park; $55, surge pricing.  When the game was over we then walked past Lumen Field to go to 13 Coins for dinner.  From there it was a quick walk to the Link station which was just beyond King Street station.  That is where things started to go south.  Aimless people meandering around.  Numerous individual sitting on the ground leaning against buildings.  We got our tickets and went down the stairs to the platform going south.  More odd people hanging about.  Got on the train.  One or two folks acting odd in our car.  They got off early.  We got off when we got to the airport station, but we still had a $8 Uber ride from a hotel near the airport Link station to our hotel a ways beyond the airport.  Total cost of the link ride south, $6 for two people and and $8 Uber ride, so $14... and my nerves.

• Like 1