Day room Vancouver

Looking for a day room in Vancouver, June 30th.  Narrowed it down to 2 so far.  Fairmont YVR, $300 or Hyatt, Burrand Street, $203.  What would be your choice?  Can we walk to the Hyatt with luggage?  Fairmont seems pretty expensive.  We would also have to pay taxi fare to airport.  Just looking for some guidance.  Thanks

56 minutes ago, kayehall said:

Fairmont YVR, $300 or Hyatt, Burrand Street, $203.  What would be your choice?

I've used the Fairmont multiple times for a day room and it is one of the great airport hotels. Highly recommend it. 

57 minutes ago, kayehall said:

Fairmont seems pretty expensive.  We would also have to pay taxi fare to airport.  Just looking for some guidance.

Are you flying into or out of the airport in conjunction with this stay? If so the Fairmont is well worth the premium. If you aren't going or coming from the airport it might not be worth the hassle and just stay downtown. 

46 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

I've used the Fairmont multiple times for a day room and it is one of the great airport hotels. Highly recommend it. 

Are you flying into or out of the airport in conjunction with this stay? If so the Fairmont is well worth the premium. If you aren't going or coming from the airport it might not be worth the hassle and just stay downtown. 

Yes, flight to US is 11p.  Thought of a city tour but I might be a bit cranky with no sleep.  Thinking breakfast, a couple of cocktails and some sleep.  I will make a much better traveling companion!!!

5 hours ago, kayehall said:

Yes, flight to US is 11p.  Thought of a city tour but I might be a bit cranky with no sleep.  Thinking breakfast, a couple of cocktails and some sleep.  I will make a much better traveling companion!!!

Got it-- then the Fairmont all day long if you are going to the airport anyway. When you said you then had to pay taxi fare I wasn't sure what you meant but you'd have to pay for taxi fare regardless. 

The food at the hotel is very good, nice bar, and they have a small but nice pool and hot tub. Great way to wind down for a late flight. 

Can't say as I've stayed in either to compare the comfiness of mattresses for napping etc., but if all you plan to do is chill in the room why spend a hundred bucks more? You're literally making the same journey to YVR, as the Fairmont is attached, so whether if you cab it or SkyTrain the cost will be the same regardless of the time of day you travel there at (weekend, so 1 zone for all transit all day).

Both hotels cap your room use to 8 hours, and while the Fairmont has slightly more flexibility (until 8pm vs. 6pm) neither is good enough for a flight at 11pm - security is quick, preclearance stops work at 8:30pm, very little is open after security at YVR, so that late you don't need to show up much earlier than an hour preflight.

At least downtown you have more options if you're feeling energetic - heck, just go see a movie and pay CAD instead of USD at home! - and you'll have a hundred bucks extra to pay for brekkie with your buddies you're meeting after the cruise, plus maybe lounge access at YVR for the last couple hours of your day? Or check out at 6, put the savings toward a nice resto for dinner (I'd recommend Nightingale, leaving bags at the hotel while you dine, it's just 2 blocks away), head out to YVR for 9pm (even if you are very nervous travelers, 2 hours is more than sufficient padding for evening flights).