Customizable 4-6 Hour Tour of Malta

Any recommendations for a customizable tour driver/guide/company in Valletta?  We are looking for a 4-6 hour tour in the afternoon (around or after 2pm) that would go to the following:

• Hagar Qim and Mnajdra - tour of prehistoric sites
  • Mdina - walk about the old city
  • Marsaxlokk - Quick visit for harbor walk

This would allow us to use the rest of the time to go before or after the tour for short visits to Valletta sites of St. John's Co-Cathedral, perhaps the Archeological Museum and take the Barrakka Lift back to port.

Any help appreciated.😀 

1 hour ago, Alatraveler1 said:

Any recommendations for a customizable tour driver/guide/company in Valletta?  We are looking for a 4-6 hour tour in the afternoon (around or after 2pm) that would go to the following:

• Hagar Qim and Mnajdra - tour of prehistoric sites
  • Mdina - walk about the old city
  • Marsaxlokk - Quick visit for harbor walk

This would allow us to use the rest of the time to go before or after the tour for short visits to Valletta sites of St. John's Co-Cathedral, perhaps the Archeological Museum and take the Barrakka Lift back to port.

Any help appreciated.😀 

https://guidedtoursmalta.com/

Just now, Alatraveler1 said:

Thanks marazul, had looked at their set tours and they weren't what we were looking for.  I'll contact them about a custom tour.  Hope others post so we'll have options that best suit us.  It's difficult to get an affordable custom tour.

They are very easy to work with for a customized tour. Their set tours are suggestions for first time visitors. You have obviously done your research and have some preferences.  They will accomodate you, put the sights in the most efficient itinerary and make suggestions. 

She offers a guided tour with a separate driver which is great and I'll contact them for an estimate.  I'd also be interested in just a driver that can take us to those sites for a set rate or even a per hour fee without providing guide services.

On 3/8/2024 at 7:21 PM, Alatraveler1 said:

She offers a guided tour with a separate driver which is great and I'll contact them for an estimate.  I'd also be interested in just a driver that can take us to those sites for a set rate or even a per hour fee without providing guide services.

It’s been years, but when we visited Malta, there was a line of taxis waiting at the port. There was a booth set up as you walked along the pier where you explained where you wanted to go.  A person helped estimate the time needed.  You paid that person an hourly rate. I believe we paid 65 euros for 3 hours, but I could be wrong. And there has been inflation. They gave us a slip of paper with the destinations written on it. We gave the paper to the first taxi in the line.  Off we went.  Our driver was not a guide, but we were lucky that he was engaging and there was no language barrier.  He took us everywhere we wanted plus one more stop he said we had time for.  He dropped us off at the bus station in Valletta since we spent the morning with him and still wanted to explore the city.  We did not need to pay the driver since we paid earlier.  However our day was very successful, so we gave him a tip (as Americans do).

I have no idea if this service is still offered.  But you might look into it. 

• Like 1