Sagrada Familia timing

Posted (edited)

Hopefully and easy question... I'm looking to buy our tickets from their website to take the tour. We're in Barcelona the day before on our cruise, and have some walking tours already planned. We'll disembark then on Saturday morning, head over to our hotel which is about a mile or two from the cruise port, drop our luggage, than go back out of course. Being a Saturday, what would be a good time to book our tour? Would it be better to go a little later in the afternoon? Right now it looks like we could pick times starting around 10 a.m. and as late as 3:00 p.m. Just looking for thoughts on this. Thanks!

Oh, and does it matter which facade we do for the tours? Passion or Nativity?

Edited by kctwinmommy

56 minutes ago, kctwinmommy said:

Hopefully and easy question... I'm looking to buy our tickets from their website to take the tour. We're in Barcelona the day before on our cruise, and have some walking tours already planned. We'll disembark then on Saturday morning, head over to our hotel which is about a mile or two from the cruise port, drop our luggage, than go back out of course. Being a Saturday, what would be a good time to book our tour? Would it be better to go a little later in the afternoon? Right now it looks like we could pick times starting around 10 a.m. and as late as 3:00 p.m. Just looking for thoughts on this. Thanks!

Oh, and does it matter which facade we do for the tours? Passion or Nativity?

Book the tour anytime.  There is no particular advantage.  Since the SF is not near other tourist attractions like the Gothic Quarter, Passeig de Gracia, etc., I would go there first and then move on to the other areas.

I am not sure about what you say about which facade to do.  The entrance is through the Nativity facade and your guide will describe it.  The exit is through the Passion facade.

Just now, marazul said:

Book the tour anytime.  There is no particular advantage.  Since the SF is not near other tourist attractions like the Gothic Quarter, Passeig de Gracia, etc., I would go there first and then move on to the other areas.

I am not sure about what you say about which facade to do.  The entrance is through the Nativity facade and your guide will describe it.  The exit is through the Passion facade.

Thanks! I had posted somewhere else too, and got some info, basically the same. I ended up booking in the afternoon, just so we can take our time during the day. And it's for going up in the towers, you had to pick one of them. So I did google it, and found that the Passion tower has better views and the Nativity one is the one originally designed by Gaudi. So we picked the Passion one.