Still get paper tickets for pre-purchased excursions?

lorri111

8 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

First cruise post covid, do you still get paper tickets for pre-purchased excursions and transfers delivered to your cabin first night? 

Yes.

7 minutes ago, suekel said:

Yes for excursions, no for transfers

What do you have to show the Princess rep for the transfer if no paper ticket? Do they scan your medallion?

We still get the envelope with tickets in our stateroom when we embark for any pre-booked shore excursions. We also got them for our transfer last time we used that service - but perhaps it was because it also included a tour on the way to the airport.

Be sure to hang to them even after you check in at the theatre or lounge where your group is gathering and get your sticker. Last cruise there was one couple who thought they didn't need their tickets any longer after they received their group sticker and left them sitting on the table in the lounge. 

The tour guide was collecting the tickets, as usual, at the bus as people were getting on, and this couple, who thankfully were on a different bus, didn't have their tickets. The husband had to go all the way back onboard with a member of the excursion team, find the tickets where they had left them, and then come back. It held up their group by a good 15 minutes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, suekel said:

last month, they just told us to go to the bus.  It was weird.  This was out of LA.  

That's weird, how do you know you have purchased a transfer if you don't have to show anything?

I asked that at the excursion desk when I went down to get my tickets.  They just said you don't need them.  They weren't very friendly about it either.  

31 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

That's weird, how do you know you have purchased a transfer if you don't have to show anything?

They gave us transfer tickets for the bus San Pedro.  We just went to the buses and loaded up.  No one collected tickets. 

• Like 1

If you are talking about the transfers you take to board the ship, they’re listed on the travel summary. The Princess Representative that meets you at the airport will have your name on a list.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

If you are talking about the transfers you take to board the ship, they’re listed on the travel summary. The Princess Representative that meets you at the airport will have your name on a list.

Talking about transfer at end of cruise..

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Talking about transfer at end of cruise..

In the past, we’ve received a paper ticket just like any other excursion. Maybe there’s a different process out of LA? 

Edited by partybarbie

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

In the past, we’ve received a paper ticket just like any other excursion. Maybe there’s a different process out of LA? 

No, it’s the same.  We just did a transfer from ship to LAX.  My post #11

states:  they gave us transfer tickets.  When we got outside, they told us where to catch the bus.  We got on, no one wanted to collect or see our tickets.  🥴

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

No, it’s the same.  We just did a transfer from ship to LAX.  My post #11

states:  they gave us transfer tickets.  When we got outside, they told us where to catch the bus.  We got on, no one wanted to collect or see our tickets.  🥴

We were just on the Emerald out of FLL.  We received excursion tickets in an envelope as usual but we did not receive anything about our transfers.  I asked the customer service folks and they said the luggage tag was the ticket....certain colors indicate transfers - and we didn't have an issue.

8 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

We were just on the Emerald out of FLL.  We received excursion tickets in an envelope as usual but we did not receive anything about our transfers.  I asked the customer service folks and they said the luggage tag was the ticket....certain colors indicate transfers - and we didn't have an issue.

Seems the ports are doing different things now with the transfers.

We were discussing LA port.

Good to know about PE though.  We usually just Uber/Lyft there.