Guaranteed Cabin

Lmsundaze

I booked a solo cabin on the Serenity for the Valparaiso to Buenos Aires cruise in February 2025.  All I could get was a guaranteed cabin at this point, everything was booked in this category.  Anyone have experience with what is likely to happen?  Thank you in advance.

If you have a guaranteed cabin, you'll be on the ship, either in a solo or higher, probably a double ocean view. The double ocean views are identical to the solos, just closer to the middle of the deck. Did you get the guarantee for the solo cost? If so, you can't loose as the double ocean view probably has a 50% single supplement.

Patty

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Texas Tillie said:

If you have a guaranteed cabin, you'll be on the ship, either in a solo or higher, probably a double ocean view. The double ocean views are identical to the solos, just closer to the middle of the deck. Did you get the guarantee for the solo cost? If so, you can't loose as the double ocean view probably has a 50% single supplement.

Patty

Yes Patty, I paid the full amount upfront for the solo cost at expedition rate.  So, hopefully, couldn't be bumped from cruise?  Linda

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Lmsundaze said:

Yes Patty, I paid the full amount upfront for the solo cost at expedition rate.  So, hopefully, couldn't be bumped from cruise?  Linda

You paid in full almost a year in advance (not sure what you mean by expedition rate), so I'm sure you are good to go. I did this same cruise years ago except we spent 3 days off the coast of Antarctica. They don't do that any longer with Serenity or Symphony.

Patty

Edited by Texas Tillie

3 hours ago, Lmsundaze said:

I meant explorer rate, not expedition.  How was that cruise?

I consider it the best cruise I’ve ever done because of the Antarctic part. Without those 3 days it would be in the top half of cruises but not all that special. The Chilean glaciers didn’t compare with Alaska. Being at Ushuaia was cool just because it’s Ushuaia. Also, we were able to get into the Falklands. My understanding is only about 30% actually make it there. 

Patty

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lmsundaze said:

I don’t think being booked on a guarantee is cause for any concern vs. having an assigned stateroom. At least I wouldn’t be worried. 😉

And Patty is absolutely correct. Aside from ending up being assigned one of the solo staterooms, you can only go up from there. 

Edited by BEAV
  • Like 2