San Pedro: LAX or SNA

Looking to come a few days before January cruise, staying in Laguna Beach at Casa Laguna. We would then switch over to Hotel Maya by Hilton to be closer to the terminal. Which airport is easiest and most convenien, LAX or SNA?

After the cruise we most likely would stay overnight in Irvine to catch an early flight, if SNA wins. Hilton is crazy expensive at about $1500. Hyatt House Irvine is less than $300. Any experience with this property and convenience to the airport?

Thank you for your help!

depending on your airline, if LGB (Long Beach) is an option, it is most likely the least busy and easier to get into and out of. Also closer to the Port of Los Angeles.

• Like 1

SNA would be my choice.  It's a much easier airport to navigate in and around.  We have stayed at the Hilton across the street and walked to the airport with a carryon.  That might save you a day on a rental car if you have one.  

• Like 1

SNA by far.

Hyatt House is fine, but I'd prefer the Irvine Marriott, Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport, Renaissance, Marriott Bayview and maybe even the Atrium (convenience).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

SNA by far.

Hyatt House is fine, but I'd prefer the Irvine Marriott, Hyatt Regency John Wayne Airport, Renaissance, Marriott Bayview and maybe even the Atrium (convenience).

2 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

SNA would be my choice.  It's a much easier airport to navigate in and around.  We have stayed at the Hilton across the street and walked to the airport with a carryon.  That might save you a day on a rental car if you have one.  

Thank you for the advice. I started looking just because I’m the planning type, but I’m surprised by how many places are all booked - for next January! 

After looking at flights, I think the best way to go will be flying to SNA before the cruise and then driving to Laguna Beach. After the cruise, LAX has multiple nonstop flights to DTW, whereas SNA has only one early morning nonstop. So, instead of staying overnight in Irvine to fly out of SNA, I think we will just fly back through LAX. We have Clear and Global Entry, so hopefully LAX won’t be too crazy.