Kowloon Shangri-la Hotel, Hong Kong

Great hotel!  Been staying there at least twice a year for 20+ years (minus Covid).  The club floor has a very helpful staff.  Agree on breakfast.  

Amazing hotel - we were there for 3 nights in 2018 prior to 14 night HK to Bangkok.  Top class hotel, superb service, well located, impressive reception & lobby lounge area and very stylish rooms. Probably one of the top 3 or 4 hotels in HK tbh.

We were just there for our pre-cruise a few weeks ago (got off Explorer 4 days ago in Tokyo).  A BEAUTIFUL hotel in a fantastic area!  We arrived a day early and I did NOT book the extra night through Regent as it is MUCH cheaper to book the extra nights on your own.  I simply booked the same level room that Regent books and we were able to stay in it and just pay the one night then the cost was shifted to Regent. Couldn't have been easier.   

We arrived at about 8 am (our flight landed at 6:50).  We were in our room by 10 am! Not guaranteed, but they sure were accommodating to us!  

Be sure to walk out to the waterfront (Avenue of the Stars) right behind the hotel and see the nightly Light Show.  It's best viewed down by the Star Ferry Terminal near the Hong Kong Cultural Center.  Well worth the 15 min. (or so) walk.  There is also lots of stuff to see around the easily walkable area.  

Unfortunately I have no pics of the room, but here's a shot of the Lobby decorated for Chinese New Year, the Year of the Dragon, a shot of the waterfront behind the hotel, and a short example of the nightly light show.  

IMG_8441.jpeg

IMG_8442.jpeg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cruise_loverinlaval said:

I agree with all the previous comments.  Excellent hôtel! We stayed there in our Uniworld land tour of China. If you book there, you will not make a mistake. Enjoy!

Plus, if you have time, do not miss the High Tea at the Peninsula hotel!

Thanks to all who responded to this post.  Your reviews are greatly appreciated. Based on all the positive reviews, we have booked a Harbour View Suite at the Kowloon Shangri-la Hong Kong for our upcoming November trip to Hong Kong

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Las Vegas Sailing said:

Thanks to all who responded to this post.  Your reviews are greatly appreciated. Based on all the positive reviews, we have booked a Harbour View Suite at the Kowloon Shangri-la Hong Kong for our upcoming November trip to Hong Kong

I suspect you'll be VERY HAPPY with your choice!  Do not miss the nightly Light Show!  

Edited by papaflamingo