Avoidable pork?

Posted (edited)

I noticed that many items on Lunch Menu include pork, for example Potato Soup (bacon), Cobb Salad (bacon), Monte Christo (ham), Signature Burger (bacon jam). I wonder if there is a way to get those items with no pork addition. If you have any experience with that, please share.

Edited by voyager1964

20 minutes ago, voyager1964 said:

I noticed that many items on Lunch Menu include pork, for example Potato Soup (bacon), Cobb Salad (bacon), Monte Christo (ham), Signature Burger (bacon jam). I wonder if there is a way to get those items with no pork addition. If you have any experience with that, please share.

Yes, you can ask then to not include it. The only thing which may be tricky is the soup. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We noticed that on our last cruise, every single offer in the International Cafe was either meatless or pork-based.  Every one.  No chicken, no beef, no turkey.  I'm guessing pork prices must've been down, but it was disappointing for what has traditionally been our favorite spot to have only pork -- and only cake or mousse for dessert.

Make sure you fill out your questionnaire (and return it within 72 hours) and ask for more non-pork offerings.

I am quite certain they could accommodate a request for no pork, just as they accommodate any other dietary request. Make sure to note it in your cruise personalizer. DH has an onion allergy and he's always been able to order whatever dish he wants, they just ask him for his order in advance so they can specially prepare it.

I don’t eat pork, or beef, lamb, etc 

I have found no problem with them leaving an item out of a specific dish when requested, especially if it’s added at the end and not part of the recipe.  
Even on the room service menu, there is a specific area to mark ‘no ham’ if I order a Cobb salad.  
Aside from the soup, which is probably cooked with the bacon, I don’t foresee you having any trouble getting the other items made without the pork additions.  
Sometimes, there are mix ups, as my last pizza ordered was a 4 cheese and we got a gluten free pepperoni delivered instead but, at least I can just pick off the pepperoni.  I worry more about the person who ordered a gluten free pizza and got our crust that they weren’t expecting.  Hopefully, they could tell the difference and didn’t eat it. But, in the dining room, you shouldn’t have that same problem.