Live from the Breakaway March 17-31, 2024

Excited to follow along and hear from you again! This school year has been extra draining, but kudos to you for sticking up for the student (I am very sorry for the response you got). Always enjoy your pictures, anecdotes, and wittiness.

Be safe, and have fun! 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

I suspect the page below is specifically for Spring Break cruises. Can anyone confirm?

can't confirm, as i've never seen it before, but it sure seems like it.

of course, that bit about each cabin needing somebody over 21 years of age... there are a lot of folks here on CC who are in denial on that one and could benefit from reading that!

just me, or does the white padded wall in the studio cabin look too much like a padded cell in an asylum? (a padded cell with chocolate covered strawberries, but still...)

enjoying your report.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Mrhubbabubba said:

Excited to follow along and hear from you again! This school year has been extra draining, but kudos to you for sticking up for the student (I am very sorry for the response you got). Always enjoy your pictures, anecdotes, and wittiness.

Be safe, and have fun! 

Thank you!

12 minutes ago, UKstages said:

can't confirm, as i've never seen it before, but it sure seems like it.

of course, that bit about each cabin needing somebody over 21 years of age... there are a lot of folks here on CC who are in denial on that one and could benefit from reading that!

just me, or does the white padded wall in the studio cabin look too much like a padded cell in an asylum? (a padded cell with chocolate covered strawberries, but still...)

enjoying your report.

I wouldn’t know as I’ve never seen the inside of an asylum.😉

• Haha 4

Does anyone have any questions about the Breakaway? Are there any places or items of which you want to see photos?

I know these aren’t the best photos but here you go!

IMG_2033.thumb.jpeg.25e7594f60f0ecdc59e3f2c78fb23314.jpeg

IMG_2034.thumb.jpeg.fd22626b45cf4de39a281e23f1db0b76.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

It’s not NCL’s responsibility to provide you sea sick meds. That is something personal that you need to bring with you. 

Well, no it is not their responsibility.  It is a courtesy.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We threw lines at 5pm, slid sideways from the IMG_2037.thumb.jpeg.1a044d039fa88e06db39578e342efd6b.jpegIMG_2038.thumb.jpeg.2503ed0893fb91e21756d3710c45c2db.jpegIMG_2040.thumb.jpeg.00f55812da7404f4b3a4168fded81203.jpegIMG_2042.thumb.jpeg.f59e03ab3c2c556c34c0b7c2e22181f6.jpegdock, pivoted and were on our way by 

5:07pm. Sailaways are such a part of my cruise stories. When my dad and I cruise together in a warm climate we always have sailaway drinks in hand (beer for him, used to be a Mango Meltdown or Mudslide but these days most likely an Old Fashioned for me) and we always pull deck chairs right up to the railings.

Today I found an oversized snuggle chair on the waterfront until it was time for dinner at La Cucina. The rain stopped just as we left New Orleans so I got some great views of the bridge and the fuming smokestacks.

Had I known we would be so close to prime swampland and arable farmland I would have made a later dinner reservation. Cows! There are cows next to the river!

For dinner I was seated at 5:30pm, salad was served at 5:51pm and my half portion main course (I always order half portions of pasta) at 6:03.

I used a specialty dining credit from Free at Sea and no lecture was provided on what I could or could not order. The table behind me got the lecture instead.

This is by far the best Misto Insalada served on NCL. Fresh, crisp, quality ingredients. Delicious and so enjoyable!

My entree was the Fettuccine Alfredo Con Funghi. The sweet tangy smell of perfectly roasted garlic entwined with the gooey melted cheese and perfectly cooked noodles. The mushrooms were too mushroomy for me (not NCL’s fault-I just don’t like mushroomy mushrooms) so I didn’t eat them but I savoured the meal, twirling noodles on my fork while enjoying the shifting scenery.

IMG_2051.thumb.jpeg.27fd363de22ae5d1a30e45343b4b3036.jpegIMG_2055.thumb.jpeg.238aec68338ae7d40e8b459ec8b025e1.jpeg

The waiter asked if I would like another Bellini with dessert and I replied, “oh, yes!” The waiter brought the drink and said “I’m sorry. It’s a different bartender this time.” It looked (and tasted) the same as the first one.

IMG_2047.thumb.jpeg.e711e43f37ea08e8c9661cf7d7e8654c.jpeg

Can someone with internet please tell me if the Mississippi has been dredged to allow for cruise ships or if it is naturally deep and just how deep is it?

For dessert I ordered the cannolis with no powdered sugar. For once I remembered! The cannolis were not very good as the shells were overcooked and the filling was just so off. Oh well. I licked the decorative garnishes off the ends and left the rest. The waiter came to check on me and asked why I didn’t eat them. I told him the shells were burnt and they didn’t taste good. He said they are normally covered in powdered sugar so he didn’t know they weren’t supposed to look that way. 😂

He offered to bring me new ones but I was full and I knew the filling would be the same.

IMG_2056.thumb.jpeg.24b5393be13ee72fdaaf1b80e88207f7.jpeg

Between dinner and the show I listened to Rob the musician in the Atrium and went outside to capture the sunset.

IMG_2065.thumb.jpeg.9b2d5488cebad3af6cf5b46e0adff918.jpeg

IMG_2069.thumb.jpeg.a84b6b07d1111371bae31766159a3b9d.jpeg

Overheard entering the theatre:

“Jeanie! I got your mom corked on two drinks!

Jeanie: “Perfect. She’s taking a nap now. Let’s keep it that way.”

To Jeanie’s mom: your family really loves you and is thoroughly enjoying your company and your vibrant personality on this cruise and they can’t wait to cruise with you again!

Overheard in the theatre from a charming preteen: “I’m the guy that can learn anything in 24 hours!” Love his confidence!

The comedy show was fun. As a single Canadian vegetarian teacher I am not the target demographic. There were hunting and Church’s chicken jokes I didn’t even get. People laughed and I had no idea where the funny was. I did get the snow jokes. I’m a good Canadian.

Overheard coming out of the theatre at 8:21pm: “Anthony, if you want any late night snacks now’s the time to get them!”

Also overheard at 8:21pm from a little girl: “mom! There’s a bar!!!”

Now I’m at headliners for Howl at the Moon.  I have been wanting to see this for YEARS!  For real!! I really want a drink but I can’t get up and leave my seat. What to do?

Howl at the Moon trio said there were 1200 kids on board last week. I’m curious to find out how many kids are on this cruise.

Jen, Alisa and Kyle made dueling pianos not only a trio but a treat! They were amazing. Kyle just joined the ship today so the 3 of them had never played before yet they had instant rapport. Such talent and energy! We were treated to songs from

Lizzi

Nickleback

Johnny Cash

Elton John

Taylor Swift

Billy Joel

Neil Diamond

Tina Turner

Jerry Lee Lewis

Queen

and so much more.

IMG_2084.thumb.jpeg.30cd1e01e3bb3238ada95ffba4d5434d.jpeg

This was the single best night I’ve ever had on NCL!!!

IMG_2043.jpeg

IMG_2046.jpeg

IMG_2053.jpeg

• Like 19

4 hours ago, KACTravels said:

Hi!!!!  So fun to follow you again on this live report!  Could you please tell sure Bir, Bailey and Kelly said “Hello!”!  

Of course!

I’m waiting for you to write a trip report! I would read every word!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

Overall, this was a fabulous first day on board the Norwegian Breakaway. 

WOW!!!  I am glad to hear that you are having a good time.  I hope that the rest of the week goes well.

BIG BIG BIG BIG HUG

Love and prayers always

• Like 1

@YVRteacher I looked up your question about the depth of the Mississippi. While the river is regularly dredged further upstream, the depth of the river is naturally about 190 feet in the French Quarter and reaches a depth of about 200 feet at its mouth in the Gulf of Mexico.

Really enjoying your live!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, laudergayle said:

... No it is not their responsibility.  It is a courtesy.  

Concur ... back in the pre-NCL days, we cruised (1990's) on the old Premier Cruises and even on a CTN, they provided those tablets.  Our history with NCL goes back to 1999-2000, and the Norwegian Sea, Dawn and Crown, etc. all provided, as a courtesy, on request, to passengers experiencing motion sickness.  Nope, we sail fully prepared and among other items in the EDC bag to travel & go ashore, a mini medical kit including essential meds - as things happen ... 95% of the passengers on a given cruise aren't on CC and/or on the other social media site, and I've seen the DIY dispensing machine empty, sold out ... perhaps not from being lazy & keeping it stocked.  I cannot imagine the queue for passengers while sailing thru 30 ft. waves in near/strong gale force conditions - to be cold hearted and informing pax to go medical. 

Wait, why aren't some of us surprised or shock ... it's the new normal everywhere.  Nevermind, I'm sure there are plenty cheerleaders that strongly dispute and disagree, fine with me, and no need to quote & repeat what I wrote and flame me.  Moving along.  

@YVRteacher  Happy early Spring break & following along again, we haven't seen this old friend in 6 or 7 years, perhaps 8 since she "left" NYC, once her homeport ... looking forward to reading what's new, changed, different and same old ... same old.  MDR menu items that's refreshing, etc.  We plan to sail her again, not soon enough, when she's back in the NE port in 2025.  

We still have precious pictures & videos of the firework show on the BA as we sail home from Nassau, OMG - that was 2014 - how things have ... 

• Like 4

i've never had the need for motion sickness meds and i didn't know NCL has historically offered them. it's disappointing that they no longer do, but my best guess is this has more to do with liability than cost... you give somebody motion sickness meds and if they get sick or die, NCL could be on the hook.

i'm hot saying that has happened,  i'm simply saying some overly cautious lawyer in miami may have assessed risk and advised NCL to no longer distribute free meds. if guests go to the medical center (i've never been), i'm sure there is probably some sort of paperwork to sign that limits NCL's liability, should they be sold medications.

On 3/17/2024 at 4:05 PM, YVRteacher said:

Tour of a studio cabin:

IMG_2021.thumb.jpeg.965404c542b823326611d8f34dc4c4f0.jpegIMG_2022.thumb.jpeg.46e05a6d085564da85710c6a2cfa7930.jpegIMG_2023.thumb.jpeg.de30ad6d7302cc78a28faba4817599ab.jpegIMG_2024.thumb.jpeg.edaa3e8b0a4dc501542302b25575cb99.jpegIMG_2025.thumb.jpeg.b9abe7c6d633832763eaf8c5b1b0996d.jpeg

The curved wall is magnetic

IMG_2030.thumb.jpeg.0b5b6515ea63ba41d85fa7a3298dc9b2.jpeg

IMG_2031.thumb.jpeg.fec0025a3122b1f5b046645a0a89ed01.jpeg

Not surprisingly the studio cabin on the Breakaway looks just like the one I had on the Getaway. I loved it, it felt so cozy, but not at all claustrophobic to me. I think the white walls and bright lights helped.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

We threw lines at 5pm, slid sideways from the IMG_2037.thumb.jpeg.1a044d039fa88e06db39578e342efd6b.jpegIMG_2038.thumb.jpeg.2503ed0893fb91e21756d3710c45c2db.jpegIMG_2040.thumb.jpeg.00f55812da7404f4b3a4168fded81203.jpegIMG_2042.thumb.jpeg.f59e03ab3c2c556c34c0b7c2e22181f6.jpegdock, pivoted and were on our way by 

5:07pm. Sailaways are such a part of my cruise stories. When my dad and I cruise together in a warm climate we always have sailaway drinks in hand (beer for him, used to be a Mango Meltdown or Mudslide but these days most likely an Old Fashioned for me) and we always pull deck chairs right up to the railings.

Today I found an oversized snuggle chair on the waterfront until it was time for dinner at La Cucina. The rain stopped just as we left New Orleans so I got some great views of the bridge and the fuming smokestacks.

Had I known we would be so close to prime swampland and arable farmland I would have made a later dinner reservation. Cows! There are cows next to the river!

For dinner I was seated at 5:30pm, salad was served at 5:51pm and my half portion main course (I always order half portions of pasta) at 6:03.

I used a specialty dining credit from Free at Sea and no lecture was provided on what I could or could not order. The table behind me got the lecture instead.

This is by far the best Misto Insalada served on NCL. Fresh, crisp, quality ingredients. Delicious and so enjoyable!

My entree was the Fettuccine Alfredo Con Funghi. The sweet tangy smell of perfectly roasted garlic entwined with the gooey melted cheese and perfectly cooked noodles. The mushrooms were too mushroomy for me (not NCL’s fault-I just don’t like mushroomy mushrooms) so I didn’t eat them but I savoured the meal, twirling noodles on my fork while enjoying the shifting scenery.

IMG_2051.thumb.jpeg.27fd363de22ae5d1a30e45343b4b3036.jpegIMG_2055.thumb.jpeg.238aec68338ae7d40e8b459ec8b025e1.jpeg

The waiter asked if I would like another Bellini with dessert and I replied, “oh, yes!” The waiter brought the drink and said “I’m sorry. It’s a different bartender this time.” It looked (and tasted) the same as the first one.

IMG_2047.thumb.jpeg.e711e43f37ea08e8c9661cf7d7e8654c.jpeg

Can someone with internet please tell me if the Mississippi has been dredged to allow for cruise ships or if it is naturally deep and just how deep is it?

For dessert I ordered the cannolis with no powdered sugar. For once I remembered! The cannolis were not very good as the shells were overcooked and the filling was just so off. Oh well. I licked the decorative garnishes off the ends and left the rest. The waiter came to check on me and asked why I didn’t eat them. I told him the shells were burnt and they didn’t taste good. He said they are normally covered in powdered sugar so he didn’t know they weren’t supposed to look that way. 😂

He offered to bring me new ones but I was full and I knew the filling would be the same.

IMG_2056.thumb.jpeg.24b5393be13ee72fdaaf1b80e88207f7.jpeg

Between dinner and the show I listened to Rob the musician in the Atrium and went outside to capture the sunset.

IMG_2065.thumb.jpeg.9b2d5488cebad3af6cf5b46e0adff918.jpeg

IMG_2069.thumb.jpeg.a84b6b07d1111371bae31766159a3b9d.jpeg

Overheard entering the theatre:

“Jeanie! I got your mom corked on two drinks!

Jeanie: “Perfect. She’s taking a nap now. Let’s keep it that way.”

To Jeanie’s mom: your family really loves you and is thoroughly enjoying your company and your vibrant personality on this cruise and they can’t wait to cruise with you again!

Overheard in the theatre from a charming preteen: “I’m the guy that can learn anything in 24 hours!” Love his confidence!

The comedy show was fun. As a single Canadian vegetarian teacher I am not the target demographic. There were hunting and Church’s chicken jokes I didn’t even get. People laughed and I had no idea where the funny was. I did get the snow jokes. I’m a good Canadian.

Overheard coming out of the theatre at 8:21pm: “Anthony, if you want any late night snacks now’s the time to get them!”

Also overheard at 8:21pm from a little girl: “mom! There’s a bar!!!”

Now I’m at headliners for Howl at the Moon.  I have been wanting to see this for YEARS!  For real!! I really want a drink but I can’t get up and leave my seat. What to do?

Howl at the Moon trio said there were 1200 kids on board last week. I’m curious to find out how many kids are on this cruise.

Jen, Alisa and Kyle made dueling pianos not only a trio but a treat! They were amazing. Kyle just joined the ship today so the 3 of them had never played before yet they had instant rapport. Such talent and energy! We were treated to songs from

Lizzi

Nickleback

Johnny Cash

Elton John

Taylor Swift

Billy Joel

Neil Diamond

Tina Turner

Jerry Lee Lewis

Queen

and so much more.

IMG_2084.thumb.jpeg.30cd1e01e3bb3238ada95ffba4d5434d.jpeg

This was the single best night I’ve ever had on NCL!!!

IMG_2043.jpeg

IMG_2046.jpeg

IMG_2053.jpeg

We were at Howl at the Moon Saturday night, Jen was amazing!

She sang Back to Black by Amy Winehouse and, WOW!

• Like 3

Howl at the Moon was one of the biggest reasons we booked The Breakaway for our next cruise. We had so much fun with them on The Escape years ago. With a lot of entertainment dwindling on NCL, I'm glad that we can count on Howl at the Moon for a few nights at least.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NikiPinkston said:

@YVRteacher I looked up your question about the depth of the Mississippi. While the river is regularly dredged further upstream, the depth of the river is naturally about 190 feet in the French Quarter and reaches a depth of about 200 feet at its mouth in the Gulf of Mexico.

Really enjoying your live!

Thank you!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

When I went to bed last night I discovered that one of the pillows smelled like puke. Ew ew ew. I put it on the floor and swapped it out this morning.

When I bought the thermal spa pass yesterday the price was  quoted at $348. Upon reading the Freestyle Daily last night I saw that it was actually $299 and the extra was if you wanted a set of scrubs. I did not want the scrubs so I took them back to the spa and asked them to sell me the basic pass without the “free” scrubs. The manager kindly obliged. This will be important later!

The  Garden Cafe was a madhouse of scrambled egg chaos today. I could not find a table so ate my eggs and pineapple standing up against a pillar.

Yesterday when I was at the Cruise Next desk I signed up for the Latitudes Behind the Scenes Tour.  They handed me a piece of paper with a 8:00am start time and I handed it back and said nope. So today I met at 9:50am for the 10:00pm tour.

We began with the lovely Brianna, stage manager who has two degrees in theatre management.  She has been with NCL for 7 years. We toured the backstage maze and learned there are 5 dressing rooms (for the theatre, Spiegel tent and Syd’s.) 

Burn the Floor is internationally copyrighted and they provide the dancers, NCL provides the singers. Burn the floor is on Epic, Getaway and Breakaway and it’s a different production on each ship.

The stage is treated with white vinegar before each show to allow more grip for shoes so the dancers don’t slip. 

When a passenger (not me) asked about the state of entertainment with NCL Brianna described it as being in a “transitional phase” and that we should look for pop up entertainment throughout ships coming soon. 

The Breakaway is due for dry dock and will be going in after its Canada/New England run this year. She missed out during Covid.

There are 2 crew bars on the Breakaway and a crew gym on deck 5.  On this ship crew have access to bicycles.

Fauzi greets us in the laundry and says that there are 23 people working in the laundry department.  10 work at night and 13 during the day. Laundry staff are on board for 9 months.

IMG_2121.thumb.jpeg.4b966dd36c95d49bc9b249741025b822.jpeg

Wash cycles are 32 minutes for towels and 20 minutes for linen.

We were invited to see the crew mess today, which isn’t normally shown on Behind the Scenes Tours.  Today’s occasion is “Wellness at Sea” and the theme is healthy eating. Those words were carved into a watermelon. 

The galley has 230 staff members including 6 sous chefs. The bakery was first up. It operates 24 hours with 6 people baking all through the night. The Breakaway is currently operating on a 7 day cycle of menus. As we were listening to the chef in the bakery department, chocolate and regular croissants were served to us.

When we arrived at the dessert station the treats for us were chocolate chip cookies, double chocolate cookies, chocolate covered strawberries and trays of handmade chocolates!

IMG_2122.thumb.jpeg.0b13295e9444290f3a47118eed44335a.jpeg

At the end of the tour Matt from Cruise next told us that beginning on March 22 3 Cruise Next deposits can be used on a booking that is at least 4 months out and in a balcony or higher category. Cruise Next certificates no longer expire after 4 years.

That was an outstanding Behind the Scenes tour. From my perspective (someone who has done Behind the Scenes tours about 30 times) this was the best.  The little surprises like the treats, the cruise director’s office and the crew mess made it special and the Cruise Next associate, Matt, did a wonderful job guiding us with humour and knowledge.

From the Behind the Scenes Tour I went to the How To Run a Floating Hotel session, hosted by cruise director Roberto. He mentioned that all NCL ships now have a crew enhancement team member to improve the experience of crew of board.

I had to go to guest services because there was a charge on my account for room service today and I definitely did not order room service. Had I enjoyed room service I would not have eaten scrambled while leaning against a pole.

Next up? Latitudes party!

Kelly, I said hi to Bir from you and Mike/Bailey! I reminded him you were on the Beeakaway this past summer and he said he had dinner with you in Savor. He remembers you (of course he remembers you! You and Mike/ Bailey are two of the kindest people ever!)

The free booze at the Latitudes party included red, white, rose,  Prosecco and Sidecars. They also had a pretty looking fruity drink but it came without alcohol so I tried a Sidecar. Yummy goodness in a sugar rimmed glass!

IMG_2108.thumb.jpeg.315135893b8cbea9c25d201db8328f88.jpeg

With over 200 Latitudes guests on board, they expedited snack service by having premade cheese and grape plates on all the tables. I think I was supposed to share but I had one to myself. What can I say? I’m an only child.

IMG_2107.thumb.jpeg.8c805b64b124b247bdd736d33498f15d.jpeg

Captain Ash has a terrific sense of humour which shines through in his daily announcements and his speeches. The last two times  I cruised with him his family was on board so he wasn’t as involved in the cruise. The officers and staff introduced themselves and the Cruise Next Manager, Isabela, gave her talk about cruise next deposits before the band played and people trickled out. 

IMG_2109.thumb.jpeg.b24ea7fdd651fa51f932fa48fb1f58c9.jpeg

I went back to Guest Services because when I checked my account to see if the incorrect charge from this morning had been removed there was another incorrect charge of $49.99 from the spa. I was quite annoyed. The Guest Services employees said “sorry for the misunderstanding” to which I replied, “no, this is a mistake on NCL’s part, not a misunderstanding.” I asked to speak to a manager and the Guest Servies employee said there wasn’t one. I said “uh-uh. I know NCL and there is always a manger back there.” I literally asked 15 times for him to get a manager and when the manager came out he apologized for both the incorrect charges, apologized for the way the guest services employee acted, agreed that there is always a manager and gave me his card saying I could call him if this happens again.

This shouldn’t be happening. Check your accounts daily and often.  Be vigilant.

Has anyone cruised with Jeime(sp?) from Colombia as Cruise Director? She was our CD on the second week of the B2B last July. She is married to Roberto (also a Cruise Director) and after two years of being on different ships since cruise ships don’t have two Cruise Directors she has switched to Cruise Next so they can be together. They both end their contracts after this cruise so next week there will be a different CD.

Since I ate breakfast standing up in the Garden Cafe I wanted to 

a) avoid the madness of the buffet

b) enjoy a calm sit-down lunch

At Savor I ordered the twice baked potato minus the beef chilli

IMG_2112.thumb.jpeg.2f14b9d76293a7f7cbe662c1c6b4b56c.jpeg

and the tortilla bowl.

IMG_2114.thumb.jpeg.e90267cd47fd379843985fe9bbcae19f.jpeg

Both were good, but someone with eyes needs to not serve rotten radicchio to guests.

IMG_2113.thumb.jpeg.8fb3fc7b6b87b04f2eda264e648c90f0.jpeg

The person who plated it should have noticed, the back waiter should have noticed and the main waiter should have noticed. I didn’t say anything. I’m trying to chill on this cruise.

The morning was rich in activities and the afternoon was pure relaxation. A gorgeous, hot sea day means the decks are crowded and the bars are busy.

IMG_2123.thumb.jpeg.bbedb2346882fab4a591a870c8a001a1.jpeg

I found a deck chair and a Mudslide and slathered on three different types of sunscreen for good measure.  At one point it was scorching so I went to the bar and ordered two piña coladas: one for my mouth and one to hold up against my forehead. I suppose I could have used a cup of ice for that but this is a vacation! 

A few notes while they’re on my mind:

-the casino opened at 5:30 last night, well before we were in international waters 

-I was charged taxes on all drinks I ordered last night so we were still in state waters

-these two things seems contradictory

-for anyone staying in a studio cabin for the first time, consider bringing two bathing suits because there is minimal air circulation and your bathing suit won’t dry out. Few things in life are worse than trying to put on a wet tankini!

-we have a broken hot tub situation on deck 15

IMG_2089.thumb.jpeg.a2b90571ade3675bb35b589ec9829c31.jpeg

-if you are staying in a studio and you need extra space, use the for sale water as a hat rack. I did.

IMG_2087.thumb.jpeg.8f9811841ada31592a020cd73bfd832e.jpeg

-they have an assortment of games set up just outside Le BistroIMG_2104.thumb.jpeg.36b47cde6f1739a4caa33e39db7b2bc2.jpeg

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 12

Day 2 part 2

Overheard on the pool deck:

“I’m so happy I found my first duck!”

“So is the Garden Cafe only for vegans?”

“I was late 30 minutes ago.”

As the sun set lower in the sky I moved from one blissful situation to another: the pool deck to the thermal spa. I thought it would be busy in the spa but there were only 4 other people there. Apparently they cap the thermal spa pass sales at 130.

Having the whole thalassotherapy pool to myself, I bobbed, swam and floated to my heart’s delight. At one point I found myself twirling and thought to myself, “who is this relaxed person twirling and swirling in a pool?”

Yes, I used the hot tub, steam room, hot sauna and salt room. 

IMG_2125.thumb.jpeg.5435f677eec60b6d9764ebc79781fea4.jpeg

IMG_2127.thumb.jpeg.d574f94ec5b97f111c4b9bf3581a8462.jpeg

Please note that the fountain feature in the thalassotherapy pool comes on unexpectedly. I may have been standing under it when this happened. I may have screamed. A spa washy washy floor guy may have laughed at me, to the point of cracking up. 

IMG_2128.thumb.jpeg.842bad1f929832d85a73c89e8f686288.jpeg

Then I took a nap in a heated ceramic lounger. A long nap. It’s 7:30 and I just woke up. I did such a good job holding down this thermal ceramic lounger today.

Overheard in the thermal spa from grandma and grandpa as they tried to extract themselves from the heated ceramic loungers: “lord Jesus help us!” This was followed by bursts of giggles. I love couples who laugh together!

I have a reservation for Ocean Blue tonight at 8:30pm but I’m not sure I want cauliflower steak at 8:30pm. That’s more of a 5:30 meal.

I’m going back to my spa nap.

IMG_2124.thumb.jpeg.8f0df5fe11985f1a693edda10bea99fe.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

My sense of the Breakaway is that it is a great ship with excellent leadership and happy staff. I’m having a wonderful time and am so impressed. I feel really grateful to be onboard and more importantly am reassured and reminded why I love NCL.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

My sense of the Breakaway is that it is a great ship with excellent leadership and happy staff. I’m having a wonderful time and am so impressed. I feel really grateful to be onboard and more importantly am reassured and reminded why I love NCL.

Your review is doubly welcome. First because your reviews are a treat. Second because I am cruising on Breakaway out of NY in Sept with my sister and two nieces. 

Really enjoying following along. FYI - they better still be giving treats during the Behind the Scenes when I do it! Never had that before.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Few things in life are worse than trying to put on a wet tankini!

Putting on a wet one-piece ladies' bathing suit. 

I always look forward to your reviews. 

Will be up in your neighborhood for a cruise on the Jewel.in May.

• Like 2