GENOVA on DIY - Questions and Answers

alserrod

Has anyone done DIY in Genoa?

She had thought about making an itinerary through the center that included the most relevant parts of the old area but that was pleasant to walk around. I am more eager to see the city than to enter museums and monuments.

There is one thing that worries me. From experience, a route like this should be 2.5 km. After taking several vacations in monumental cities with the family,

I have discovered that it is the distance from which those who accompany me get very tired. The problem is not walking 2.5 km but all the small stops you make in that time. Walk, stop, take a photo, see an interesting place, look at something in a store, walk, etc... On the map it is 2.5 km, in reality it is much more.

And the Genova itinerary that I have set is 3.5 km.

Has anyone else done it? What experience do you have?

Do you know of any website where I can find an interesting guide (a guide that tells me the most relevant things we see, not a detailed report on each building)?

1- Metro from Principe (next to the cruise ship dock) to De Ferrari
2- Walk around Piazza de Ferrari. (approximately 1 km): Casa Colon, Chiesa de Gesu, Cathedral, Piazza San Matteo, Teatro Carlo Felice
3- Walk to Via Garibaldi and walk the entire length (1.2 km from De Ferrari)
4- Go to Porto Antico 0.4 km
5- Return to the cruise ship dock 0.9 km

Total..... 3.5 km

I appreciate any comments and suggestions from those who have taken a similar excursion.

Is anyone doing the Sun Princess 7 Day Barcelona to Rome itinerary on June 1st? Starts in Barcelona, then Gilbaltar, Mariseille (Provence), Genoa, Florence/ Pisa (La Spezia), Rome. Two Sea Days. This will be our first cruise ever and our first time in Europe. We are new to this. Are these good ports? We are somewhat familiar with Barcelona, Florence, and Rome but not the other stops. I'd love some input. Thanks!

7 hours ago, LBlank1 said:

Is anyone doing the Sun Princess 7 Day Barcelona to Rome itinerary on June 1st? Starts in Barcelona, then Gilbaltar, Mariseille (Provence), Genoa, Florence/ Pisa (La Spezia), Rome. Two Sea Days. This will be our first cruise ever and our first time in Europe. We are new to this. Are these good ports? We are somewhat familiar with Barcelona, Florence, and Rome but not the other stops. I'd love some input. Thanks!

I would encourage you to start a new discussion thread with your question as others may not see it here (where it is part of a different discussion).