Caribbean Princess returning to port?

mcgratru

Sitting on my deck in FLL…ship left and was just about over the horizon but has turned back to Port Everglades. Pilot boarded and headed in to port now?

Anyone have info?

Wow sorry to hear that. 

Our friends flights to FLL today to board Carrib were cancelled. (JetBlue said storms off coast)

Had they taken the later flight?  They just might have been able to board afterall.

Unfortunatly they didn't have EZAir.  And no way to know ship would return, if thats the

reason its returning?

I wonder how many other folks didn't get to board today due to weather and cancelled flights?

15 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

Wow sorry to hear that. 

Our friends flights to FLL today to board Carrib were cancelled. (JetBlue said storms off coast)

Had they taken the later flight?  They just might have been able to board afterall.

Unfortunatly they didn't have EZAir.  And no way to know ship would return, if thats the

reason its returning?

I wonder how many other folks didn't get to board today due to weather and cancelled flights?

Another example of why it's never good to fly in the same day that the cruise ship departs.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nasa1974 said:

I'm surprised the captain didn't say anything.

Have returned to port shortly after leaving twice.  Medical issues both times.  No announcement except to say we were returning to the harbor for a short stop.   The emergency harbor craft that met us told the story. 

13 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

They just might have been able to board afterall.

I very much doubt that they would allow additional passengers on board in a situation like this.  The manifest has already been submitted.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

Another example of why it's never good to fly in the same day that the cruise ship departs.

With the weather snafus that happened at Florida airports this weekend, they could have tried to have flown in a day early and got bumped to the next day, causing them to miss their ship. Half of the flights at Tampa Intl were cancelled or severely delayed and the South Florida and Orlando airports all had the same issue. 

• Like 2