Westin Palace Madrid

Archipelago

We have stayed at Ritz, Westin and PH VIlla Magna

I like the Villa Magna as the entrance and "feel" is a little more hip than the others, but I am becoming a Park Hyatt snob these days, dont know why but I seem to trend to them, they just "feel" right to me...and this one is not the best in the chain but is in a great residential location with high end boutiques right around the corner.

Westin is great and as I am Starwood Plat they really do take care of us, upgraded to a huge suite, etc. You will like it, it has more of a city feel than the Villa Magna, a buzz you may say or a bunch of tourists in the lobby waiting for transport, depends on your view, check out of this hotel is always an adventure though, whenever I am there I settle my charges the night before as they take a good 20 minutes to do so and the lines in the morning are absurd

The Ritz has the best dining terrace of any propoerty outside of Italy (Splendido, San Pietro, Pallazo Sasso) and probably the best most predictable service of all three and far less "busy" as the others, more elegant but a bit staid, very baroque and some of the furnishings could use some swap out IMHO.

Also smoking seems like a required sport in each of these hotels, dont know why but Madrid is still a smokers paradise...I HATE IT

Others you may wnat to look at that I have never been to include the INtercontinental and the Senator

Archived