Balcony vs Solo Interior Cabin

Daruma

I've done the solo insider, solo sea view, sea terrace, and xl sea terrace... Honestly for the money, I'm just as happy in the solo insider... It's awesome to have a balcony, but the two or three total hours I spend out there aren't worth the extra $...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2024 at 1:53 AM, jon81uk said:

There is a channel that shows the view from the wake.

We had an aft suite on the 9th deck on our cruise last year and I have to say, sitting out on that balcony watching the wake lit up in blue at night was really nice.

• Like 1

I have done both. What is the purpose of your cruise?    Meaning where will you be most of your waking hours?  In the cabin or out and about on the decks enjoying being with people.  For me personally , a cabin is for sleeping and showering.   Yet on my next cruise in May, I am getting a balcony for mt first VV cruise and my 70th bday celebration!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SC_GAY_Cruiser said:

I have done both. What is the purpose of your cruise?    Meaning where will you be most of your waking hours?  In the cabin or out and about on the decks enjoying being with people.  For me personally , a cabin is for sleeping and showering.   Yet on my next cruise in May, I am getting a balcony for mt first VV cruise and my 70th bday celebration!

I'm like you... just like when we go to Disney, the hotel is just a place to sleep... so we go with the Value resorts, (though we do occasionally splurge on the pricier resorts).

I think if I went balcony I'd spend an hour or two on it, (when I wake up and an hour or so before bed), with an interior I would just get up and out more quickly. 

For maybe 2 hrs/day on a balcony for one cruise per year vs two interior cabin cruises per year... the interior wins. 

But... 🤷 I might try a balcony at some point. 

For the next year and a half starting in September 2024, I've got 2 VV interior cruises set, and one NCL, (also Interior cabin), set <-- because I don't see any VV itineraries going to the Bahamas during times I want to travel. 

On 3/18/2024 at 4:24 PM, sid_9169 said:

I've done the solo insider, solo sea view, sea terrace, and xl sea terrace... Honestly for the money, I'm just as happy in the solo insider... It's awesome to have a balcony, but the two or three total hours I spend out there aren't worth the extra $...

On which deck was your solo sea view? I'm interested in booking one. I prefer lower on deck 9, but someone mentioned deck 12 cabins are larger. 

42 minutes ago, Giraffes said:

On which deck was your solo sea view? I'm interested in booking one. I prefer lower on deck 9, but someone mentioned deck 12 cabins are larger. 

I was in cabin 12358Z... Lot's more floor space and a window than the regular solo insider.

Thank you! Do you know how deck 12 is compared to deck 9- both solo sea view? 12358 is the one reviewed in all the YouTube videos. Curious how the deck 9 solo sea view compares.