In and Out of Tampa Cruiseport - arrival and departure timimng

Hi all,

I've never sailed Carnival before nor in or out of the Tampa port.  So I have two questions:

If I leave a meeting from downtown Tampa at noon, will I be okay to board a 4:00 sailing the same day?  It looks like they are close.  Not counting the bad luck like traffic accidents, can I make this?  Is there construction on the route?  (Cruise is next month.)

If the ship docks at 8:00 am on a Monday, can I make an 11:00 flight?  Again, normal traffic and existing constructions - I'm okay not having a rare-event cushion on the return.  Carry-on luggage only - no counter check-in.

Thanks very much in advance for any info

8 hours ago, Miss Ellsworth said:

Hi all,

I've never sailed Carnival before nor in or out of the Tampa port.  So I have two questions:

If I leave a meeting from downtown Tampa at noon, will I be okay to board a 4:00 sailing the same day?  It looks like they are close.  Not counting the bad luck like traffic accidents, can I make this?  Is there construction on the route?  (Cruise is next month.)

If the ship docks at 8:00 am on a Monday, can I make an 11:00 flight?  Again, normal traffic and existing constructions - I'm okay not having a rare-event cushion on the return.  Carry-on luggage only - no counter check-in.

Thanks very much in advance for any info

Recently off the Norwegian Jade. Suggest you calculate when you think you will actually be off the ship and through Immigration. May take longer than you think. There was a long line for taxis but very few available. Saw a sign for a ‘shared’ airport ride. Cost $10. You may wish to consider a later flight. Cheers…

9 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

Recently off the Norwegian Jade. Suggest you calculate when you think you will actually be off the ship and through Immigration. May take longer than you think. There was a long line for taxis but very few available. Saw a sign for a ‘shared’ airport ride. Cost $10. You may wish to consider a later flight. Cheers…

Thanks much! Exactly what I was looking for. I'll take the 1:00

12 minutes ago, Miss Ellsworth said:

Thanks much! Exactly what I was looking for. I'll take the 1:00

Less stress! Will give you a chance to have a Starbucks near the big pink flamingo at the Airport. Cheers…

• Like 2