Celebrity really needs a Proof Reader

Jim_Iain

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, the penguins said:

He is never more animated when he is talking about his latest match unless he has conceded

Now your Britishness is kicking in  😉.   I watch 'hockey' almost every night....DH converted me very early in the relationship... and I see some goal tenders whom I think would love to get the heck out of the net when they're being bombarded with 80 + mph shots.  If you ever watched him play when he was 5-7 yrs, it's the very best time and the cutest....then it gets more aggressive.  You sound like a proud and involved grandma, even from a distance!

Edited by Oceangoer2

51 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Now your Britishness is kicking in  😉.   I watch 'hockey' almost every night....DH converted me very early in the relationship... and I see some goal tenders whom I think would love to get the heck out of the net when they're being bombarded with 80 + mph shots.  If you ever watched him play when he was 5-7 yrs, it's the very best time and the cutest....then it gets more aggressive.  You sound like a proud and involved grandma, even from a distance!

We are English not British - there is a difference.

I used "conceded" as he let in/ failed to stop a goal he thought he should have stopped.

Our grandson will be 13 in June and Covid robbed us of 3 years of his life when we were banned from travelling to the US.

Interesting about "being bombarded" because when I asked his coach why he thought Jack had the potential to be a good goalie his reasons were:

1) When faced with players hurtling towards them holding a large stick any right thinking person's first first reaction would be to retreat. A goalie's instinctive reaction is to go forward.

2) Saving shots has a lot to do with angles which is something that's hard to teach. Jack worked it out for himself in just two periods of his first game. We think it's down to his love of maths (sorry math) - he and his grandma do math for fun.

3) you mustn't dwell on mistakes if you make an error you must just blank it out and get on with the game.

4) he continually talks (shouts at) his team mates to organise the defence - Jack doesn't realise he does it. His dad has been threatening to wire him up so he can hear it afterwards - just hope his language is suitable for mixed company.

For us as long as he enjoys it we will continue to support him although getting up at 5.0 am to go training before school isn't our idea of fun.