Damajagua Waterfalls vs city tour

First time (solo) cruiser and first time in the DR. I don’t like “touristy” things and much prefer to do things on my own, but set tours do make it easy to see certain things. I’m trying to decide between two excursions (likely through Iguana Mama, since they seem very highly recommended): the 27 Damajauas tour, or the Eat Drink and Be Merry tour. I’m going in early January 2025 and will be docking at Taino Bay. Here’s my current personal thoughts. 

Pros of the waterfalls: really unique, it’s out in the jungle away from the city (huge plus)

Cons of the waterfalls: very popular excursion (crowds are a bummer), pictures are difficult to take yourself (you can hire a photographer to take pictures and videos for about $45, I’ve seen?), it’s further from my port, right now only the 5 plus the zip lines is available due to water levels and I’m not a huge fan of zip lines (could change closer to cruise date)

Pros of the eat drink be merry: my port is closer, I’m really interested to see the city, the fort, I like rum haha

Cons of the eat drink be merry: I don’t want anything too touristy, not too excited about the teleferico (it’s fine, wouldn’t seek it out on my own, but again worried about crowds), the cigar factory stop is eh to me too

Opinions and other suggestions quite welcome! I’m sort of leaning towards the city tour right now?

We went to the falls a few months ago and had a blast. (It's a lot of walking up stairs once you get closer to the falls but so worth it). We were definitely looking for something "different" to do, but then again we are not the "touristy" type of people that enjoy just driving around looking at the city. We like action and the falls is definitely action. lol

HERE is my review of it here on cruise critic with tons of pictures. The actual pick up for the tour starts at post #81