What is the secret to getting the cabin you want on ATW 2026 Vista cruise?

ATWCruiser

Booking on Around the World Cruise on Vista started on 3/13 and I wanted a French Veranda B5 with specific cabin number going through my TA.  My TA even mentioned she worked with a contact at Oceania to have that cabin reserved beforehand.  I ended up getting a B3 Veranda category once the dust settled with a wait-list for a French Veranda.  Was told it was a busy day.  I know the highest and lowest categories always go fast.  That got me wondering.  Is there a secret to getting the cabin you want?  What is the procedure for who gets what first and how can you improve your chances for getting the cabin you want? I even went on the website myself and click on every available stateroom and it said

"ALL STATEROOMS ARE CURRENTLY CHECKED OUT

All available staterooms for this category are currently being booked. Please select another stateroom to continue."

Every stateroom I click on under "available" said the same thing.  Can't move any further.  Maybe it is quite popular!

While I could give you some helpful hints, including giving your TA a list of several cabins in order of preference and use a well connected TA, the real answer is no one actually knows. The IT people establish a set of algorithms that eventually takes over. There is also some evidence that the algorithms are modified occasionally to meet goals specified by O management of which we are all clueless. As an example, on some cruise releases in the past, it appeared the system gave preference to cruisers new to O getting their choices while on other releases cruisers status seemed more important. It’s all in the algorithms, and the IT people don’t talk.

A couple of observations. The 2025 ATW was initially fully subscribed and Oceania did a huge press release on how quickly it sold out. By about a week after the deposit was due, there was available cabins in most categories. It’s nearly two years until your cruise, watch for new Availability of cabins starting soon.

• Like 2

Yes, that is what I heard regarding priority for current ATW passengers.  Since the deposit is 20% (which is a lot) due in a week, there maybe cabins available after that period like pinotlover mentioned above.  The difference between the French Veranda and regular Veranda is at least $16,800.  Not sure if it is worth it.  But I'll be happy either way. 

@ATWCruiser
I know, jump on an O ship immediately and run straight to the Club Ambassador and tell her you want to book the 2026 ATW. Let her do her MAGIC. Their Sales quotas are high so they would welcome you with open arms. 🤪👍🛳️💰

So much for my bright idea. 
Mauibabes

• Like 1

For the next ATW cruise, I might just log in myself and try to get the cabin I want and then transfer it to my travel agent to get perks.  The question is when does the online system open on the first day of booking so I can be prepared?

9 hours ago, ATWCruiser said:

For the next ATW cruise, I might just log in myself and try to get the cabin I want and then transfer it to my travel agent to get perks.  The question is when does the online system open on the first day of booking so I can be prepared?

Most of the good TA have there customers pre booked. Their request is already in the system and prepared to get cabin assignments when the system opens up for the online folks to start inputting information. The DIYer gets left in the dust.Those algorithms are spinning out cabins faster than a DIYer can get past page 1.

Do people here really believe my TA waits until the starting bell on opening day to start inputting cruise requests/reservations? 😂😂😂 She might easily have 25-30! DIYers are the only ones playing that game. Well, perhaps also some non professional TA, you know the “ your wife’s cousin that books occasionally on a friend’s account “ type. 🙄

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Does anyone know how soon after the bookings start, do the segments of ATW open up?

Chance are the segments will appear with the general new release of 25-26 cruises in about a month.

• Thanks 2

Let me add that I haven’t spoken with my TA on this issue, but some years Oceania first does a release of Grand Voyages and other Extended Journeys prior to releasing the shorter (7-24 day) segments. Therefore, I can’t really comment on exactly what will be included on that mid April release. 

A 52 day Grand Voyage would, in fact, be a “Segment “ of the ATW, but not necessarily the type of segment you’re looking for.

• Thanks 1