Sapphire Princess thermal suite vs sauna/steam room

Sailing on Sapphire Princess in May. In the cruise personalizer you can book a pass for the week for the Thermal Suite. I don't see this on the deck plans--can anybody confirm what this entails exactly? I'm picturing similar to spa on Carnival with hot/cold rooms, heated loungers, etc. We loved the Thalassotherapy pool on the Carnival ship we were on but it doesn't sound like Princess's thermal suite includes something similar.

Conversely, I've read that the sauna and steam room near the fitness center/salon are free for anybody to use, and I do see those on the deck plans. Can anybody confirm if these are available to anybody to use?

Generally speaking the Thermal suite is use of the Lotus Spa.  Deck 15 on the Sapphire for your deck plan review.

https://www.princess.com/deckPlans.do?shipCode=SA

If memory serves, you can get a day pass to use the spa.  I don't know if there are free ones to use, perhaps someone else can assist there.

I did spot this reply from Princess on a Youtube video, which may assist....

image.thumb.png.b26f450224041175bd2f99d2f6a761a2.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, no1racefan1 said:

Sailing on Sapphire Princess in May. In the cruise personalizer you can book a pass for the week for the Thermal Suite. I don't see this on the deck plans--can anybody confirm what this entails exactly? I'm picturing similar to spa on Carnival with hot/cold rooms, heated loungers, etc. We loved the Thalassotherapy pool on the Carnival ship we were on but it doesn't sound like Princess's thermal suite includes something similar.

Conversely, I've read that the sauna and steam room near the fitness center/salon are free for anybody to use, and I do see those on the deck plans. Can anybody confirm if these are available to anybody to use?

Thermal Suite is in the spa area. No pool in it. Just steam/sauna and heated tile loungers  it's forward of the Lotus Spa pool (which is open to anyone 18 and up, no charge).   

I'd strongly suggest checking it out in person before buying a pass.  And AFAIK, the free steam and sauna in the locker rooms are still there - no aromatherapy in those, just basic steam/sauna - but they are free, and gender segregated, if that matters to you.. 

• Like 1

I agree you should go to the spa and check it out before buying.  Also on two ships (Emerald and Ruby)that I know of they have taken out the free sauna/steam rooms but they still show on the deck plans. Hope that is not a continuing trend.

• Like 1