Cruisetour Gift Voucher

Can someone please explain what is a “Cruisetour gift voucher” and how does it work?  I will be spending 10 nights at 5 lodges after my 7 night cruise.  I know my tour director will hand me my room key, meal vouchers and excursion voucher at each lodge arrival.  It can’t be anything like OBC where daily charges are posted to my folio while onboard and I settle up before disembarkation.  I also know I am responsible to settle outstanding charges before leaving each lodge but if I only spend say $20 at the first lodge will that be deducted from the total and carry a balance to the next lodge?  Somehow I doubt that’s how it works as each lodge is actually a separate hotel. 

Posted (edited)

Not sure what you have but: On our last cruisetour we had vouchers that were only good for purchases while on shore - not on the ship. My wife used them at the Kenai Princess Lodge for tee shirts, etc. I don't remember if they were usable for booking excursions at the lodges or not.

Note: Just checked the old Travel Summary and we each showed a $50 voucher.

image.png.211e1592a984e67c6634b023b0636351.png

Edited by Thrak

I’m guessing mine will be the same.  My TA doesn’t know how they work.  All my excursions on land are paid for. I hope it is broke down so I don’t need to spend it all in one place.  Thanks for the info.