Online check in at Southampton

Can anybody advise me how the UK/US time difference works when booking your time slot when checking in? Since the US is ahead of UK time does that mean they have advantage when looking for an early time?

12 minutes ago, ospreycruiser said:

Can anybody advise me how the UK/US time difference works when booking your time slot when checking in? Since the US is ahead of UK time does that mean they have advantage when looking for an early time?

How would that be.  Checkin usually begins about midnight EST/EDT.  Convert to GMT and you have when you can check-in.  Be aware it can open a bit early, a bit late or even a day or two late.

FWIW have checked in a group with 5 cabins.  Started when check-in opened.  Finished the last couple two days later.  All had the same time window available. 

Yes -- So if it opens at midnight you can Logon 5 hours before EDT (7PM)  or 8 Hours earlier PDT (4PM)

On our recent Sydney sailing we had to deal with both Time and Dateline... Ugh.    It opened at 3AM PST which I did not get up for.     At 7:00 AM I checked and the first slot was already gone and by noon the second time slot was also gone.    That was the fastest I've seen the slots go.

12 hours ago, ospreycruiser said:

Hello,

I know it's a bit early on a Saturday morning after a heavy Friday night, but are you sure you've got the time difference the right way around?

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ospreycruiser said:

My experience has been that online check in opens at midnight of the departure port of the sailing. If you’re sailing from Southampton this summer this will be GMT up until 31st March when the UK moves to GMT+1. 

I don’t know who “they” are that you are referring to? But if it’s UK residents then having to stay up to midnight is less advantageous than being able to check in at 8pm if in New York! 

9 minutes ago, StopTheWorld said:

My experience has been that online check in opens at midnight of the departure port of the sailing. If you’re sailing from Southampton this summer this will be GMT up until 31st March when the UK moves to GMT+1. 

I don’t know who “they” are that you are referring to? But if it’s UK residents then having to stay up to midnight is less advantageous than being able to check in at 8pm if in New York! 

Thanks for that. It is what I was hoping to hear.