Emergency contact number for ship

LissaKay

Posted (edited)

Never mind ... I found it. 

I swear I searched all the FAQs and forums for this ... is there a specific phone number that family can call in the case of emergency back home that would go directly to someone on the ship? We are instructing our kids to use Facebook Messenger to stay in touch, but we'd like to leave them some way to contact us in case we don't have Wifi internet or are out of range. 

Edited by LissaKay
  • Like 1

About two weeks before the trip, you will get an email with final cruise E-documents. The emergency contact information for your ship is on page one of a PDF, Phone and email is listed. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, LissaKay said:

Never mind ... I found it. 

Glad you found it and here is hoping that your family doesn't need it.

Here is a tip for keeping in touch.  It works on my phone but for some reason not on my husband's (even though we both have "calling over wi-fi"). We both use  Samsung Android phones. Someone who uses Apple will have to tell us if it works for Apple and how to do it.

Instructions for Android.  In Setting/Connections enable "Wi-Fi Calling."   Put your phone in Airplane Mode. Anytime your phone connects to wi-fi (in a hotel, on the ship), you should be able to receive text messages and phone calls. I say should because it worked for both of us in our hotel in Cairo but it did not work for DH on the ship.

Enjoy your first Viking Adventure!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Glad you found it and here is hoping that your family doesn't need it.

Here is a tip for keeping in touch.  It works on my phone but for some reason not on my husband's (even though we both have "calling over wi-fi"). We both use  Samsung Android phones. Someone who uses Apple will have to tell us if it works for Apple and how to do it.

Instructions for Android.  In Setting/Connections enable "Wi-Fi Calling."   Put your phone in Airplane Mode. Anytime your phone connects to wi-fi (in a hotel, on the ship), you should be able to receive text messages and phone calls. I say should because it worked for both of us in our hotel in Cairo but it did not work for DH on the ship.

Enjoy your first Viking Adventure!

Be careful.  Some carriers charge for calls even when using wifi calling.  T Mobile for example charges $.25 per minute.  Other carriers may be more or less.  

9 minutes ago, ericosmith said:

Be careful.  Some carriers charge for calls even when using wifi calling.  T Mobile for example charges $.25 per minute.  Other carriers may be more or less.  

No charge on our Verizon phones when the calls come from the US. Therefore, no charge for the kids to call us. However, if we make a call to any other country code, it is an international call and is charged as such. (Whether that triggers our Verizon Day Pass, I don't know because I haven't done a call to an international number using calling over wi-fi.)

55 minutes ago, ericosmith said:

Not with my T-Mobile on wi-fi calling.

• Like 1