Plus/Premium Plans and OBC

JessRa

Going on my second Princess cruise and my TA got us a nice OBC.I want to confirm that the only way to use OBC to purchase the Plus or Premium plan is to wait until embarkation and go to guest services? Will there be any problem with paying for part of the price with OBC and part with my card? Will the price will be the same as if I purchased it before the cruise? TIA!

Yes you can get plus or premium added on embarkation day no need to go to guest services there will be crew in the area to add it for you or I believe you can do it in the app once on board.  It will still be 60 or 80 a day and will come off your obc first then your credit card on file.

• Like 1

Oh great to hear don't have to go to guest services. I always see cruise tips that include "don't go to guest services on the first day if you can avoid it!" I will also look on the app. Thanks for the response!

26 minutes ago, JessRa said:

Going on my second Princess cruise and my TA got us a nice OBC.I want to confirm that the only way to use OBC to purchase the Plus or Premium plan is to wait until embarkation and go to guest services? Will there be any problem with paying for part of the price with OBC and part with my card? Will the price will be the same as if I purchased it before the cruise? TIA!

As stated, you definitely don't have to go to Guest Services to do the upgrade, there will be plenty of crew waiting in the Piazza just as you board who are there to help with just that purchase. Yes, the only way to use OBC for the upgrade is to do it once on board. The upgrade goes live instantly so you can enjoy the benefits right away. Every time we have done this, including last month, the price was identical to what we saw online before the cruise. As to paying with both OBC and credit card, that should be done easily. If you don't have enough OBC to cover the whole charge, then I expect the OBC would be used up first then the rest would come off your card which is already on file. If you want to do something different, such as only using a portion of the OBC for the purchase, then you would probably have to go to GS to make the special arrangement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JessRa said:

If you purchase it onboard, you do not pay part with OBC and part with your card when you buy it. The entire cost is charged to your onboard folio. OBC is subtracted from the balance on your folio, and the remainder (if any) is charged to your card at the end of the cruise. Note that nonrefundable OBC is charged first before refundable OBC, so you could get a refund if you have any refundable OBC left.

Onboard, anything you purchase is charged to your onboard folio (with the exception of Future Cruise Deposits). Nothing (other than Future Cruise Deposits) is charged directly to a credit card until your folio is resolved at the end of the cruise.

If the two passengers in a cabin use the same credit card, then all OBC for both passengers is used before charging the difference to a credit card. If you use different credit cards, then each passengers folio is settled separately and one does not use leftover OBC from the other.

• Like 1