Helicopter Tours on Kauai

jkbec101

Looking for recommendations for a helicopter tour in Kauai.  Who provided the best experience for the best price?

Not sure what questions to ask because I've never done one before.

10 hours ago, jkbec101 said:

Who provided the best experience for the best price?

Is it dual engine or single engine? How many hours does the pilot have? Not sure if I would be looking for the best price in a rotor operation. Personally would feel safer using a fixed wing option to tour. 

2 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Is it dual engine or single engine? How many hours does the pilot have? Not sure if I would be looking for the best price in a rotor operation. Personally would feel safer using a fixed wing option to tour. 

So do you have any company that you'd recommend?

17 minutes ago, jkbec101 said:

So do you have any company that you'd recommend?

For helicopters, no. Blue Hawaiian is a good outfit and has newer equipment than most others in the islands but all of their helicopters are still single engine. I'm in the aviation industry and I wouldn't put myself on a chopper that wasn't twin engined for safety reasons. 

We've had great experiences with Mokulele Airlines with their Cessna Caravans-- bigger windows, rugged and reliable airplane. You could do a charter with them. Some of their regularly scheduled flights are essentially free tours. 

Wings Over Kauai is also a good operation and offers more in the line of tours. They have an Airvan which is good for sightseeing and can carry a bunch of passengers. They also have a bunch of Cessna 172s which I think are a little small for sightseeing and can only seat like 2. 

15 hours ago, jkbec101 said:

Looking for recommendations for a helicopter tour in Kauai.  Who provided the best experience for the best price?

Excellent question. I’d be interested in hearing recommendations too. Especially if open door or closed door helicopter tours are preferred?