Booking help

HAL'S marketing program may include "40% off" or $1 deposit, but the prices don't necessarily equate to a "sale" price and they may be limited to specific itineraries. Prices reflect demand so if it's a popular itinerary, you won't see a sale. And price drops are not usually announced, you (or a good TA) have to keep track of prices and check. I booked a cruise last March for Fall of 2024. It has had 2 price drops since (and various HIA versions) which I was able to take advantage of (before final payment). Where does the cruise that you want go? 

Posted (edited)

My experience....FWIW

Sales come and go and come and go....

Instead of tracking sales, I keep up with a few cruises we want and check the prices often.  I compare prices based on "per day" base fare price for the cabin choice we desire.  OBC/incentives are factored in to the "per day" price but port fees/taxes are not. 

When any of those prices hits a price we think is good, we book......I then continue to track the price of the booked cruise and re-fare if it drops (before final payment).  Price drops are few and you need to factor in the loss/gain of OBC/incentives/deposits in the decision to re-fare.

"Sales" or not, it's all about the per day price of the fare and they ebb and flow frequently......We book when we think it is a value for us. 

Good luck playing the booking game......and

Enjoy the Journey

Edited by FlaMariner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, POA1 said:

The anniversary sale started today. How's that?

Yes and such low prices...not🤣

"Sale" and "Upgrade" are 2 words HAL uses that may not align with expectations. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Joyfulcruiset said:

The cruise I would like to book took a large jump in prices. Any recommendations on when HAL has sales? 

Just to insert a detail here: to take advantage of refaring for price drops (or added perks), you must have booked with a refundable fare. This can be the Have It All fare on the website OR the Advantage fare (refundable but no perks) that you have to call to find out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Just to insert a detail here: to take advantage of refaring for price drops (or added perks), you must have booked with a refundable fare. This can be the Have It All fare on the website OR the Advantage fare (refundable but no perks) that you have to call to find out.

Agree but......

....we've had (rarely) situations where the price drop was such that we cancelled and re-booked and came out ahead even with loosing the deposit.....the FCD is $100 and we've cancelled and re-booked and lost our deposit (w/OBC) and still came out ahead....It's all a math equation/business case.....and it gets complicated with deposits/OBC/HIA/incentives (on purpose, I'm sure) and good luck!

• Like 2