YC options and perks by room type - Do these options exist/have they ever?

Moparfiend

Does YC do any of these still, or are they just one off things done in the past

We are looking at bookings on Seascape from Miami [April '24] and Seashore from PC [Sept '24], in case the ship/port matters.

Port Canaveral - no more YC seating area
 - is this a one off, or are they doing away with the YC pre-boarding area/snacks/drinks? Is this coming for all ports? 

YC Snacks in the room
 - a few posters noted they stopped having these, is that another change? (nuts, pringles, candy bar in fridge)

Reserved Pergola in YC One Pool area
 - MSC Customer Service could not find any listed details on this when asked if this is an option when we booked the RS room. They promised to get back to me on this, and never did. Can a non RS/OS room reserve one, or will that depend on the ship/sailing

Dining under the stars
 - Morpheus mentioned this in the YC v RG thread, sounds neat if they do it

Seafood extravaganza
 - Was this really removed due to others sneaking in to YC area? Seems like an excuse

Dining in the room (Dinner served in stateroom / balcony)
 - Is there an for actual sit down served dinner in the stateroom/balcony where they serve it akin to what they do in the dining room

Off menu room service and/or Custom Pizza (like pepperoni and sausage) 
 - Mixed reviews seem to indicate you can't go off menu at all for room service, or sometimes can

Off menu items in the dining room or items from the MDR served in YC
 - is this possible, one of the members of my party has a fish/shellfish allergy

RS/OS All the Bottles of Spirits in the cabin
 - is this still done, or do you pick from 1 item from the list?

I doubt this next one was ever an option, but ...
Alternate Spirit option in the Cabin - Can you purchase a bottle of a different spirit? 
 - Example, instead of a bottle of cheap scotch, can you pay for a better bottle (like Chivas Royal Salute 21)

Port Canaveral - no more YC seating area
 - is this a one off, or are they doing away with the YC pre-boarding area/snacks/drinks? Is this coming for all ports? 

YC Snacks in the room
 - a few posters noted they stopped having these, is that another change? (nuts, pringles, candy bar in fridge)

Reserved Pergola in YC One Pool area
 - MSC Customer Service could not find any listed details on this when asked if this is an option when we booked the RS room. They promised to get back to me on this, and never did. Can a non RS/OS room reserve one, or will that depend on the ship/sailing - YES, should still have reserved Cabana at the pool, but not at Ocean Cay

Dining under the stars
 - Morpheus mentioned this in the YC v RG thread, sounds neat if they do it - never heard of it

Seafood extravaganza
 - Was this really removed due to others sneaking in to YC area? Seems like an excuse - Yes, it's been stopped; yes, there were a lot of interlopers and "guests" who came and flooded the experience

Dining in the room (Dinner served in stateroom / balcony)
 - Is there an for actual sit down served dinner in the stateroom/balcony where they serve it akin to what they do in the dining room - no unless you are in RS

- Mixed reviews seem to indicate you can't go off menu at all for room service, or sometimes can they don't really do "pepperoni" pizzas, but you can custom create to a certain extent

Off menu items in the dining room or items from the MDR served in YC
 - is this possible, one of the members of my party has a fish/shellfish allergy - with notice; so you can't order from the MDR at the same meal period, but you can ask to see the dinner menu at lunch and "pre" order that way

RS/OS All the Bottles of Spirits in the cabin
 - is this still done, or do you pick from 1 item from the list? 1 item from list

I doubt this next one was ever an option, but ...
Alternate Spirit option in the Cabin - Can you purchase a bottle of a different spirit? 
 - Example, instead of a bottle of cheap scotch, can you pay for a better bottle (like Chivas Royal Salute 21) No, because even if they had your spirit of choice at the duty free shop, they would have to store it for you.  

Posted (edited)

We still had a seating area at Port Canaveral as of a couple of months ago. It did spill over into the common area.

We had plenty of snacks delivered including cookies with my kids' name written in chocolate sauce. Mini-fridge items, chips, chocolate were refilled at no charge for RS/OS.

RS and OS still have a reserved cabana/pergola on the sundeck. The rest are either first come/first serve or can be rented depending on the ship. 

I'm not sure what this means.

It's RARE but can be done in certain situations. Breakfast on the balcony can be done everyday.

You CAN go off-menu for room service. Just be very clear and specific on your request. You CAN get what Americans call pepperoni (and other custom toppings) on pizza just be clear otherwise you will get sliced peppers. It's actually a funny story why Americans call it pepperoni due to a translation error. 

Yes, custom orders can be done in the Yacht Club restaurant. Speak to the chef in advance, if needed. I ordered something special for my daughter and she was the only one in the restaurant who had it that night.

We got an assortment of full-sized bottles and could switch out what we didn't want. We kept what we liked.

Other than what is in the shop, I've never tried to buy a bottle of anything on the ship but my butler did say that I could buy a bottle of Ice Imperial since it was out of stock at the bar. Someone the previous week went through 5 bottles a day and cleaned out the Yacht Club bar.

Also, I bought a bottle in Jamaica and had no issue enjoying it in the suite. Nobody held or confiscated anything.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

3 hours ago, Morgsmom said:

Seafood extravaganza
 - Was this really removed due to others sneaking in to YC area? Seems like an excuse - Yes, it's been stopped; yes, there were a lot of interlopers and "guests" who came and flooded the experience

This is concerning to me. Is it easy to sneak into the YC area? Enough so that they had to get rid of the perk because they couldn’t control people sneaking in? 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rather be in Hawaii said:

This is concerning to me. Is it easy to sneak into the YC area? Enough so that they had to get rid of the perk because they couldn’t control people sneaking in? 

I assumed it was rather difficult to "sneak" in there (only sailed with them once though). I think it's more an excuse for a cut.

Tom

13 hours ago, Moparfiend said:

You plan to insult Italian legend MSC more than Brighton fans insulted Italian legend Francesco Totti? Good Luck 😄

7995307_14222805_brighton_roma_insulto_s

17 hours ago, rather be in Hawaii said:

Not to worry, there will an additional 2 'monitors' in the YC on Seascape 3/30 for B2B, one of which who has 'no problem' identifying and reporting such to staff.  😉 Not just the interlopers, but anyone planning to 'invite' such...

• Thanks 1

As a follow up, we're aware of THREE methods that are being utilized to circumvent possessing a Yacht Club stateroom to enjoy the benefits (one pool and deck, bar (tough with a non-YC card, and grill, lounge and even, though to a lesser extent we'd imagine, restaurant) ~

1.  Interlopers "drafting in" at the main entrance or the available outdoor access points behind others, actual Yacht Club stateroom guests, that have used their card, wristband or whatever to get in.

2.  Participating Yacht Club guests "assisting" non-YC friends and family in accessing via one of the above points.

3.  Participating Yacht Club guests "exchanging cards, etc." with non-YC friends and family (even if they themselves don't leave the UC) who then use the cards if asked.

Any other known or possible methods?

Suggestion to MSC - If this is indeed still taking place, the first head to be held accountable is the YC Manager.  Guard against such, check randomly at venues, etc. post signage*** and actually warn YC guests (a 'reminder letter in the stateroom upon boarding regarding the above), including, with regard to 2 and 3 above, the same consequences as for the unauthorized.

Suggestion to MSC - Post a *** notice on the access points with a clear warning and the potential consequences.

image.jpeg.c635ba994039c6946cba94131cac1099.jpeg 

image.jpeg.2d249223d75a020e9f847a709c8b2a43.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks everyone for the details.

In a month or so, I'll do a comparison on the Grand Deluxe YC suite vs a Spirit Class Vista Suite (aft balcony). And then if all goes well, I'll do the comparison between YC RS and Mardi Gras Presidential Suite in September.

Now that I think about the pizza option, sliced peppers and sausage sounds pretty good 🙂 maybe I'll just wing it and say pepperoni 🙂

14 minutes ago, Moparfiend said:

Thanks everyone for the details.

In a month or so, I'll do a comparison on the Grand Deluxe YC suite vs a Spirit Class Vista Suite (aft balcony). And then if all goes well, I'll do the comparison between YC RS and Mardi Gras Presidential Suite in September.

Now that I think about the pizza option, sliced peppers and sausage sounds pretty good 🙂 maybe I'll just wing it and say pepperoni 🙂

We sailed in the Presidential Suite on the second sailing of the Mardi Gras. The balcony rocks - as did the perks that sailing. I will say, some of the "newness/special treatment" has faded on return trips, and a few aft corners Excel suites. It's still a very nice balcony - even if all the cushions are cabled into place now. 🙂

We'll be in our first MSC RS come Sunday - and I fully expect the level of service to far exceed anything that Carnival offers up - even if MSC has tightened up a bit.

Something they probably aren't doing any more (just by asking) in the Presidential Suites:

PXL_20210811_175602300-XL.jpg

Tom